6.4 tailpipe fire caught on vid.

Thats what happens when you run low sulfer diesel in an ultra low only truck.

I know Im a Ford guy, but have yall heard of any of this crap happening on the new Cummins or Duramax trucks? I havent. Ford is just doing really great lately arent they. No more diesels engines being produced, and the ones that are being produced are turning into flame throwers. Ford needs to get thier sh** together. They are loosing alot of customers.

im a ford guy... but went and test frove one of the new dodge 3500 laramie addition with the 6/7 cummins and 6 speed tranny. actually a pretty nice truck. has manual shift on the fly on the shifter. real smooth. almost made we want to rade mine in. oh, and super super quite. i love loud trucks but this one was really nice being quiet.

Ya, I have a really good feeling that my next truck will not be a Ford. Especially if they keep this up.

im not a brand loyal kind of guy...but ford has been in the weeds since 03 and the 6.0 introduction. the motor just sucked. it had so many issues...and it continues with the 6.4. i mean, it just stinks cuz ford isnt going to have a fullsize market anymore.

Dom

I think Ford has the best HD truck and even after owning 2-7.3's and 1-6 liter the IFS on the Duramax or the plain looking interior on the Cummins trucks is really starting to grow on me....fast.

Make no mistake whether you love or hate Ford if the 6.4 flops they are done which isn't good news even if you can't stand Ford products.

I personally would like to see Ford survive and return to prosperity and glory one day but I wouldn't bet my money on them at the moment.

Last edited:
They have another vid on there, its in the member pics, but... you hafta be a member to view them. And to be a member, you hafta be a dealer or ford employee.

Dear lord!!!! Everyone that said lets buy the first year of this engine now has a prime example of why not to. I was a sucker in 03, but that crap won't happen again!!!!

Honkey84 said:
Dear lord!!!! Everyone that said lets buy the first year of this engine now has a prime example of why not to. I was a sucker in 03, but that crap won't happen again!!!!

That's where I'm different. I had a 5/03 built 6 liter that had a 115hp box on it within 2K and 160hp box on somewhere around 28K until I traded it at 65K. I beat the living pee out of that truck, motor and tranny every day and literally could not hurt the motor or tranny. The only time it acted stupid was when I tried to stack the 160 box with the puking Diablo and that simply geeked the timing to the point the injectors cried so I removed the Diablo.

But I'm smart enough to know 03 and 04 weren't the 6 liters best years either.

I hope Ford can pull out of this one.

Last edited:
Face it guys, they dropped the ball AGAIN!
There is no excuse for this. First they get in a public pissing contest with Navistar now we have tailpipe fires,reflashes and unhappy customers.
Sounds like 03 all over again.
For a launch that had so much riding on it, its been a complete disaster

nummit said:
Face it guys, they dropped the ball AGAIN!
There is no excuse for this. First they get in a public pissing contest with Navistar now we have tailpipe fires,reflashes and unhappy customers.
Sounds like 03 all over again.
For a launch that had so much riding on it, its been a complete disaster

The only humor in this is didn't I read a few weeks ago some guy on TDS claimed this and they called him a troll?LOL

that's just scary. oh well, bye bye ford. guess i'm out of warranty anyway so i don't really need them to service my truck.
on TDS - that post you mentioned reminds me of a post i made in a thread stating the injectors on the 6.4 were in bad shape and were going to cause problems. i was an idiot, "he said his mother's doctor's cousin's dentist's wife's stepchild said the 6.4..." kind of bs. but everyone over there knows it all, especially the dude's with the 08s since they are all smarter than us.:bang :blahblah1:

Back