6.4 tailpipe fire caught on vid.

i just ordered my 6.Fire last week. im hoping to go to downtown baltimore and get rid of some of the BIG rats running around. Lure them in with some trash...than BAM...toasted!

Ok, so I have been thinkin' about this. The EPA makes them put a DPF on there to catch soot, right? Then when it catches so much, they inject fuel into the exhaust stroke to heat the exhaust up (or something like that) and it burns off the filter junk. What is the difference in just letting the crap out in the first place as opposed to buring it later? Wouldn't it just let off the same chemicals or does the elevated heat convert the soot and junk into non-toxic chemicals? Anyone got the low down on this? My wife asked a question that I couldn't answer, so I need to be more prepared next time! LOL

6.Fire...nice. LOL

The filter picks up the soot out of the exhaust. EPA says soot is bad. When the computer senses the filter is full, it raises the EGT's to burn the soot out of the filter. It is supposed to only do this at highway speed so there is enough airflow around the truck to dissipate the heat. But if something goes to hell, and a PSD has never had a bad injector, it really goes to hell. But soot is bad, and after a proper burn on the filter, you get CO2. If the gates of hell open up in the ECM, you get your own mobile flamethrower. *napalm not included

lets just wait to see if the new duramax does the same it has the same system on it

Good ole EPA. When they started this on the cars back in the early '70's they said they cut emmisions 20% per gallon of gasoline burned. That sounds good. Only 80% emissions. Only thing was fuel mileage went down about 50% and power went bye bye. Now took twice as much gas to go same distance. 80% emissions times twice as much gas for same distance = 160% emissions in same distance. The cars were nearly undrivable for about the first five years, especially in high altitudes. The auto companies cry, the oil companies cry and they all get rich off it. Also the mining companies for platinum for converters and it never ends. Just like the FDA and the drug companies.

Back