6.7 12V Again.

i would still like to see how your fitting the standard 12v gear case on the 6.7block......no one has pictures of their build?

i would still like to see how your fitting the standard 12v gear case on the 6.7block......no one has pictures of their build?

I should be able to post some pics this week, going to get back to work on mine. Got the cover mocked up and injection pump/gear aligned with the cam using the bolt holes that match. Going to start drilling/tapping, and getting dowl's set now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

muryme5e.jpg
ynaraju6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Read through this whole thread and several others and can't find anyone mentioning issues with the oil pump. Obviously the oil pump needs helical gears to work with the 12v gear train. However I've found that you can't just bolt a 12v oil pump into the 6.7 block because the bore that accepts the pump is too small. So I looked at trying to put 12v gears on a common rail pump and found that center distance between the 2 gears is different so that won't work either. Maybe I'm missing something here but the only way I'm seeing to make it work is machining a 12v pump body to fit in the block?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I've got a 6.7 sitting at the other end of the shop with a 12V oil pump in it with no modifications at all.

some 12v pumps will fit while others wont my 12v pump was exactly the same dimensions as the 6.7 pump other than the the gears.

ana9a7y3.jpg
ysy4eba3.jpg
ny3yzypy.jpg
a6e4y4u7.jpg

Forgot to get pics when I was fitting my gear housing and oil pump but that's where I'm at right now. Waiting on my head to be finished right now.

They are qsb 6.7 pistons. I used late 5.9 pistons last year in my pull motor worked out great.

Watching this. I'd like to put a few more cubes in my truck. Now just finding a 6.7 block and crank!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subscribed!!! This is exactly what I wanna do when I start the engine build on my 01 but maybe with a CR head for better flow?

Back