6.7 cummins in a 2nd gen

Only thing left to do is try it. I'll be making some contacts to figure out how to drive this pump. Ultimately I'd like to go the inexpensive route. I like fabricating my own stuff so a pump mount should be easy

Just run the CPN5 off a giant ass pulley in the serpentine belt loop! :D

Or you can get creative with a serpentine to cog belt system kinda like Miliken is running on mini.. But he's using that for the lift pump of I'm not mistaken.

Or get really creative and to a CP3 Delete that has a gearbox mounted to it and then drives the CPN5..

Oh the choices..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played with the v2 a little bit tried reading my cmb849, no luck yet.

image_zpsvory1yhi.jpg

image_zpserf8ykn2.jpg

image_zpsgzszhaal.jpg

The pic attached is what a stripped down (5.9 CR) C2 connector should look like.
The colors are:

Blacks = All grounds.
Reds = All battery power (hot)
Pink w/gold stripe = switched power (ignition)

Mark.

Attachments

• 1231151549.jpg
    1231151549.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Simple fix, changed the switched power from the connections that should be hot all the time to the run/start #32 pin on the c2 50pin ECM plug. Bingo!! Read the vin. Thanks again mark!

image_zps5bdnbswr.jpg

Curious because I have a 6.7l motor in the garage I'd like to start and see run.. How hard would that be to wire up the ECM to start and idle for a few min?

Curious because I have a 6.7l motor in the garage I'd like to start and see run.. How hard would that be to wire up the ECM to start and idle for a few min?

It's pretty easy actually , I even made a bench harness just for efi live for my 5.9, biggest thing is getting the schematics. I got mine from all data

So I came to a road block. When trying to read the ECM in the latest v8 scan/tune software it won't complete... ECM bad?

image_zpslfhpsy5u.jpg

P13E0
P28E0
P22E0

Can't find a description of those.

U2001
U2004
U2005
U2006
U2021
P2160
B2260

to name a few dtc that make me think the ecm is bad...

so this ecm was probably tuned previously with a smarty and once it was returned to stock I cant read it with efi live... now I need a clean stock tune to upload into my v2 then try to flash into my ecm.

don't understand how to save a file off tune depot in a ctz file. help...

Trying to complete a flash and before it starts I get this:

image_zpshsevwph7.jpg

I'm about ready to fire sale my v2, laptop, harness, and ECM and buy another 13mm pump and call it a day...

Last edited:
Back to thinking possibly the data link is not right. I removed the micro switch with relay that powered the data link and #32 run/start pin, they are now hard wired and now the v2 won't communicate with the controller.

image_zpsanxlkwn8.jpg

image_zpsp4nruzxi.jpg

It appears you're hooked to the wrong 2 pins for the data connector at the ecm.

They should be on the C1 port (60 pin) top row, 4th and 5th pins in.

Mark.

I tried to get a pic last night, but the touchscreen on my phone went haywire and I couldn't take a pic.
Time to get another phone.

Mark.

Back