62/3b twin combo

Mountaineer said:
I didnt think you could get a 12cm housing with a 74 turbine ?

Well I have no idea, but Kyle at PDI had I.I. build it for the CompD group buy we did...The Silver 62 is normally a 62/74/14 as advertised on their site......

They may have changed something else to get the 12 side........I'm still trying to learn about this stuff....

Why is the 74 not possible???.....Teach me!!

Big Swole said:
Well I have no idea, but Kyle at PDI had I.I. build it for the CompD group buy we did...The Silver 62 is normally a 62/74/14 as advertised on their site......

They may have changed something else to get the 12 side........I'm still trying to learn about this stuff....

Why is the 74 not possible???.....Teach me!!

I just have never seen one. I havent even seen a 71mm that had a 12cm housing. Generally 65mm is the largest that I know of use a 12 on I.I stuff .

Mountaineer said:
I just have never seen one. I havent even seen a 71mm that had a 12cm housing. Generally 65mm is the largest that I know of use a 12 on I.I stuff .

I think I'll call and ask them tmrw......just to see......

I believe they can cut a 12cm housing for the 71mm turbine, but back when they started w/ the 71 wheel, the 66 compressor was all they mated it with, and surge was an issue even w/ the 14cm housing.

I wouldn't mind trying a 12cm (.70) housing on my sps62

Forrest Nearing said:
I believe they can cut a 12cm housing for the 71mm turbine, but back when they started w/ the 71 wheel, the 66 compressor was all they mated it with, and surge was an issue even w/ the 14cm housing.

I wouldn't mind trying a 12cm (.70) housing on my sps62

That's what it is!!......I remember now, The tag on my turbo when it was shipped said 62 / 70...........i guess that means 12cm housing.......

still not sure about the 74 though......I'll still call

yes, .70 = "12" (not really, but the dodge guys are so used to Holset's nomenclature, the aftermarket caters to us) and the .80 = "14"

Back