62mm HX40W?

Well its sitting at my house Ill be home tonight (finaly damn oil field) and Im putting it on then dyno saturday so Ill let everybody know how it is!

Well got it on and installed. The installation was very straight foward the on thing was the polished housing didn't have a lip on it for the clamp for the intercooler elbow, easy fix for me from owning lots of first gens I used a intercooler boot off a first gen and clamps it worked perfect. First driving impretions, it sounds like my buddy's industrial injection 62mm. It was pretty quick to spool but didn't feel like it came on as hard at the 60mm wheel but I think most of that was due to the laggy feel from the hx40 wheel. It is faster and pulls harder up top now. I put her on the dyno yesterday and did 452hp and 9xxtq ill have to look at the paper again. My mods are 300hp injectors, stock clutch, the 62mm, and a old school banks Otto mind that was made in 1998 lol it defuels at 30psi but the injectors push it to 40psi, and a holly black pump. So I'm going to say besides the intorcooler boot problem it's well worth the money.

2B4465FF-66B4-4616-A8AB-4D64DB57C7C6-18894-00001142134B1D51.jpg

Just remembered after looking at the picture I have a 3 piece manifold also that leaks.

What did you go with for the outlet/elbow joint?

Cost on balancing?

If you look close enough when you buy, they have two options for compressor housing. The old style and new style.

I saw that also. That isn't what's in the photo though. Just curious as to the reason.

Sent from my MB860

For some reason I guess I looked at it wrong when I ordered it, a buddy of mine is going to weld it up to make sure I don't have leaks but I don't think I do now.

I rebuilt a hx40w and used the B.A.E. 62mm 7 blade comp. and their 10 blade turbine.
It has been good so far, approx. 10k miles and counting. I just bored the compressor housing and was good to go.

Which 10 blade wheel is more desirable; 75x62 or 76x64? IIRC the 64mm wheel is the good one.

I melted their 76/67 12 blade on antrim"s dyno front three cylinders aren't gated yet! I now run the 76/64 10 blade for now. Low end spool not as good with the 10 blade in my twin set. I'm going back to the 12 blade when I put a steed speed with a gate or two I use the truck for towing

im glad to here its working out good for cnp22 i had a hell of a time finding people to machine my stuff for me but thanks to the help of headcase got it all figured out ...the bearing assembly i had was trashed so i had to order another one and got it in friday night so itll be getting shipped out monday morning to get it all put together

How well do their turbine shafts hold up? Anyone using their HX40 in a compound set up?

I ran their Hx40 76/64 10-blade turbine wheel in a set of compou day with Batmo comp wheel. It ran half way decent and never had an issue for the year I ran it.

On a side note, I have not been able to complete the build of the 62/64/14 due to a faulty bearing housing. It should be complete next weekend. Although u have built many hybrids using there 60mm wheels. As long as they are Zero Balanced they should be good.

Back