64/71 .91 t4?

NickTF

Single turbo turd.
Has anyone tried the very popular 64/71 s300 with a .91 non-gated t4 turbine housing?

the .91 is undivided is it not.... i'd go with divided volute personally... especially after ready hurley's thread on that undivided t3-t4 adapter or whatever it was.

.88 is undivided, .91 is divided

read your airwerks book!

BTW the result of my ailments was a malfunctioning AFC, not the wastegate adapter. I've since gone to the 177283 airwerks model with the undivided ED gate assembly. No problems from the turbo

P.S. I promise i wont hijack your thread Nick!

.88 is undivided, .91 is divided

read your airwerks book!

BTW the result of my ailments was a malfunctioning AFC, not the wastegate adapter. I've since gone to the 177283 airwerks model with the undivided ED gate assembly. No problems from the turbo

P.S. I promise i wont hijack your thread Nick!

No worries, doesn't look like this thread is going to get much action anyway. Hopefully someone has some experience with said charger or I'll have to chime in on my own thread in the future perhapsLOL

not tryin to be a dick... but i got a .85 a/r non gated cut for a 68mm wheel from ED... just waiting for my 177283 to show up... should be here in november (snail mail from ohio or sumthing like that).... i'm stoked to see how it runs with these 5x.014's and maybe some .024 dv's.....

nick, I really liked the .9 housing on my s465 with the 74/83 wheel. came in hard around 1800rpm. Drive pressure started to catch up to me around the 3k mark. i know its not the same frame or turbine wheel but hope this will give you an idea of what it will do.

nick, I really liked the .9 housing on my s465 with the 74/83 wheel. came in hard around 1800rpm. Drive pressure started to catch up to me around the 3k mark. i know its not the same frame or turbine wheel but hope this will give you an idea of what it will do.

Yeah Dave, I never had any drive significantly over boost with my previous .90 equipped s468 with the 74mm exducer t-wheel either. I wasn't hitting it with this much fuel though either as I have now. One thing I think i'll have going for me is keeping rpm below 3500. Time will tell!

I'll be interested to see how this works for you. I was thinking of going to a non-w/g T4 housing when I do the twins for my dually.

hey nick thats what im running. its a cat application turbo that i have. it runs pretty good for what it is. i could never get my egt's down with it, its kind of slow to spool if not tuned properly. i just bought a s372 to see if i could clear up some of my top end smoke.

hey nick thats what im running. its a cat application turbo that i have. it runs pretty good for what it is. i could never get my egt's down with it, its kind of slow to spool if not tuned properly. i just bought a s372 to see if i could clear up some of my top end smoke.

Cool, thanks for chiming in. The cat turbo you speak of is a box turbo like this from borg? Wouldn't have thought that turbo existed in factory form but you learn something every day.

yeah its a box charger it is wastegated but i have it blockeded off, it makes 57lbs back pressure at 55lbs of boost on my setup. it also has a billet ett wheel on it.

I ran one real close to that for a bit. It was a 66 not a 64, but it ran pretty good. Ran in the 1500* range and right at 50psi down the pull track at over 5k elevation.

yeah its a box charger it is wastegated but i have it blockeded off, it makes 57lbs back pressure at 55lbs of boost on my setup. it also has a billet ett wheel on it.

Gated huh. I would imagine the turbine housing is slightly different than a non gated .91 t4 divided but probably as close of a comparison as I'm going to get. Thanks again.

Well the turbo finally arrived going to pick it up and hope to get it on with the newly ported manifold this evening! Hopefully it won't suck lol

Got it on and went for a ride to heat cycle it. Will report back when I have some more drive time and some wot time!

Back