64/71 .91 t4?

thus far i'm very happy with the turbo. It definitely lags more than the 62/68 13ss with welded shut wastegate but pulls a good bit harder on the top. With the 0 plate 2/3rds forward it's making 56psi and busting tires loose up to 60 or so! Going to slide or remove plate and see how truck acts like that. AFC setup right now is govenor spring with starwheel tightened about 1/3rd out of housing.

thus far i'm very happy with the turbo. It definitely lags more than the 62/68 13ss with welded shut wastegate but pulls a good bit harder on the top. With the 0 plate 2/3rds forward it's making 56psi and busting tires loose up to 60 or so! Going to slide or remove plate and see how truck acts like that. AFC setup right now is govenor spring with starwheel tightened about 1/3rd out of housing.

what rpm did the charger light with the 13ss housing? and what rpm does it light at now?

what rpm did the charger light with the 13ss housing? and what rpm does it light at now?

the 13ss housing was lighting around 1600-1700rpm. Honestly I haven't done the same test (flooring/feathering it from 1400rpm in OD) to see. I'm thinking it's going to be around 1800ish. It must be noted I ported the snot out of the stock manifold during the turbo swap which may effect things a bit.

now it's time for the 66/73/.91 HAHAHAHAAHHAA

I hear ya! Want to see how the current charger does with all I have available than going to keep my eye on the newer wheel's said to be available sometime in the next few months........ Turbo evolution has really seem to grow here in the last year or so with some pretty exciting stuff still to come it seems!

now it's time for the 66/73/.91 HAHAHAHAAHHAA

Ive been looking at that exact turbo. Cant pull the trigger just yet due to my valves being junked. But that's the turbo I'm aiming for, and at just under 700 dollars isn't a bad price either.

Spence

I'm running a box stock BW S366...66/74/.91 T-4 and this thing drives better than any turbo I've had on before besides the stocker.

Spools fast and has zero surge and great temp control.

I've ran a SPS62, Super B Special, and a Garrett 4094r.

I can have 10psi at 1500rpms and tops out at 50psi boost and 55psi drive at 1300*

Mind you this is on a cammed, 90hp stick, tight auto Common Rail, but should give you a good idea of it's capabilities.

I'm running a box stock BW S366...66/74/.91 T-4 and this thing drives better than any turbo I've had on before besides the stocker.

I can have 10psi at 1500rpms and tops out at 50psi boost and 55psi drive at 1300*

Mind you this is on a cammed, 90hp stick, tight auto Common Rail, but should give you a good idea of it's capabilities.

I've been told the 73 (what you call 74) s300 turbine wheel is a great wheel for common rail trucks!

I've been told the 73 (what you call 74) s300 turbine wheel is a great wheel for common rail trucks!

I'd have to agree with you on this one...all of my previous turbos besides the Garrett had a 71mm wheel...and like I said this one by far spools the best.

Yes, your correct its a 73.6mm wheel.

And for the price.....:thankyou2::thankyou2:

I'd have to agree with you on this one...all of my previous turbos besides the Garrett had a 71mm wheel...and like I said this one by far spools the best.

Yes, your correct its a 73.6mm wheel.

And for the price.....:thankyou2::thankyou2:

Yeah the price simply can't be beat but the exhaust flange does need to be machined for a hx40 (or whatever you have) outlet instead of the marman. Can't imagine that costs too too much.

My freaking hx40 doesn't spool that fast....I'm at 7k elevation though.

I would imagine his definition of spool means "the chargers start to make the boost gauge move from 0" which is believable but certainly not off to the races until much much much later.

You tow at all?

I would imagine his definition of spool means "the chargers start to make the boost gauge move from 0" which is believable but certainly not off to the races until much much much later.

My definition is when it hits and finally goes racin. Which is like 2300rpm in second gear for me....:charger:

Mine starts off 0, around 1300 and close to 10psi by 1500....and 40+ by 2K

Back