68 F350 crewcab 12v

Definitely what I'm into!! old school iron & lines with modern technology and some one that gets it!! VERY nice fab skills & craftsmanship...
I have compiled the essentials and i am full steam ahead on my 72 Chevy crew cab... photos to follow.

Sweet truck ive been looking for a old crew cab ford forever and still havent found one yet.

Well now I am in a bit of a quandry....if everyone had their choice on a manual tranny what would it be? I was gonna use the 4500 since I have it, but since a buddy with a similiar truck blew his to pieces a week ago I have been considering something different. G56? 5600? ZF? I am lost lol

A medium duty trans might be a good option, especially if you are planning a divorce mount transfer case. Possibly a Fuller FSO-8406. This link might help.

NV5600 CONVERSION

Just an idea, I really like what you've got going so far.

I really like the ZF6. I really wish my '03 had the 6spd instead of the crappy auto

I dont think the medium duty trannys are gonna give me the overdrive that I am looking for.....damn this sucks. I only wanna do this once yanno....I can prolly come up with a ZF6, just dunno if I trust it considering how much power the motor should make, the shear weight of this truck, and the loads I am gonna strap on it

Last edited:
You can run a direct drive trans if you change axle gearing. But....who really wants to do that in 2 axles?

That is a thought for sure, but Im already using the tallest ones available that I know of.

Anyone know about a Eaton Fuller FSO-6406A? Is it synchronized? overdrive ratio?

The FSO series are synchro and the overdrive for the series is .78. If you get an FO series (Non-overdrive) you can turn it into an FSO series (Overdrive) fairly easily from what I understand.

Back