68 F350 crewcab 12v

2A5D4703-7C7B-4E58-A593-C5AD63734917_zpsb5ef3hgb.jpg

Were about are you might have to take a road trip
Before we start doing the swap in my buddies 99 ford.

Dale

What is your thinking on the later floor in the early cab? Oh neat build, I like the air ride idea.

Were about are you might have to take a road trip
Before we start doing the swap in my buddies 99 ford.

Dale

Im about 12 miles north of Cape Girardeau. I've never done a SD swap personally but I have a buddy who did.

What is your thinking on the later floor in the early cab? Oh neat build, I like the air ride idea.

Well the stock floors in all the crewcabs till 1980 had no footwell in the rear seat area....just a flat floor. So sitting in the back was a real pain, literally. So I decided to use a SD floorpan to fix that, lower it in the cab so it would give even more room, and now I can bolt in a set of king ranch seats :)

Last edited:
I go down to Larry Schmit truck part once in awhile very good people to deal with.Also do business with Custom Dif.(Jeremy).
I really like the way you used the SD floor.Now you got me thinking about doing it to mine when we redo the body.
Dale

No kidding, I'm about 14 miles from his salvage yard. Yeah Jeremy and I go way back. He's done my diff work and I've done his 12V wiring for years. He did the 80 that's in this project.

Its not bad putting the floor in, but it takes time and several people to wrestle it up in there. Come on down and I will give you a first look at it :)

We might be going to Farmington.my son-in-law wants to get a wood stove down there.
I had a peterbuilt system to.It wasn't going to work for my 2 wheel drive.Soo I made my own.I used KW bags from the 8 bag setup.some day I'll get to do the front system to.To many irons in the fire.lol

Dale

Cool I'll pm you my number. I have some concerns with the Pete stuff, Im thinking I will need a set of bars to keep the wrap in check.....still mulling that over in my head

I did a test fit on super duty weatherstrip and it seems to work great so I'm happy about that. I also put part of the clip back on to see what I'm gonna have to do about the rad support mounts. I also finished up a bench for a customer.

3C3B7568-FF3D-4459-95AD-C851AB288DBE_zpsj0dp5qnq.jpg

348F8DF4-254A-42D9-BF76-1E41F89A3C69_zps75hxmuru.jpg

A16042E7-3958-4FC1-AA3F-8ADAAF3EBC59_zpsgtrtgagg.jpg

Last edited:
My wife can't wait for me to make a bench for our patio.She actually likes it but has to have a nice paint job.
Will give you a call later.
Dale

Will do. They wanted me to try to match the 30 year old patina lol I did put 5 coats of satin clear on it so it wouldnt stain anything :)

Back