70.5 Camaro Tube Chassis Dmax

Looks amazing. Wish I had the experience and confidence to try and build something like this.

I will stick with building a full frame race truck for now.

Love a Duramax powered early Camaro!!!

I hope it makes it out this way some time once it's done so I can see it in person!

Love a Duramax powered early Camaro!!!

I hope it makes it out this way some time once it's done so I can see it in person!

Seeing that there won't be any NHRDA Cali events this season, looks like I'm going to be putting miles on the tow rig, so it's a possibility.

Seeing that there won't be any NHRDA Cali events this season, looks like I'm going to be putting miles on the tow rig, so it's a possibility.

Wow, I didn't realize they were pulling out of Cali too... I hope we get a chance to see you and your amazing machines out this way! Think about running the ODSS as they have pretty darn good payouts and great events it could help pay for your travel expenses at least and let you run in front of good sized crowds at good tracks! Plus you'll get some good media exposure too...

Last edited:
Why no events in Cali? The inevitable environmentalist-anti individual liberty crowd put the kibosh on the planet killing global warming diesel crowd?

Why no events in Cali? The inevitable environmentalist-anti individual liberty crowd put the kibosh on the planet killing global warming diesel crowd?

It probably has more to do with what cali track owners want to charge to host the event.

Scheduling conflicts and price increases. The tree huggers don't even know we have race tracks and most live in the city's where diesels are rarely seen. Funny the picture most people have painted in their head about Cali. Most of Cali is ag land, we stay just as far away from the "City" as you guys do Cali. Haha.

Last edited:
Body is mounted, door didn't fall off when I slammed it.. Guess that means we are good to go!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 0
How did you manage to suspend it from the ceiling like that??? You guys must really be using some lightweight materials!!! hahahahaLOL

Went back to change it and the post was already locked haha. New Camaro light fixture, going to use the turbos to circulate air.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That's going to be the hardest part of the whole build, I can't make up my mind! I keep changing from paint to a wrap also...

I know the feeling... I went back and forth MANY times for my truck... I recently settled on paint and will be going with 2013 GM Luxo Blue Metallic it is a deep rich electric blue color that was available on the Diamond Edition Avalanche as well as the Chevy Volt and a few other vehicles... I have also seen it called Blue Topaz with the same paint code so it appears to have several names and has been used on many different vehicles... I painted a test card with it and really like it!

I'm getting my paint from http://www.Automotivetouchup.com they can do factory match paint for just about anything and have it available in everything from touch up pens to spray cans all the way up to gallons! I got spray cans to do my grille and it seems like very nice stuff!!!

That's going to be the hardest part of the whole build, I can't make up my mind! I keep changing from paint to a wrap also...

Wraps are lighter. A friend of mine races Daytona prototype and has came to this conclusion

A wrap is lighter?!?! I understand a cpl gallons of product get sprayed onto a vehicle when it gets painted & I understand the actual gallon of product isn't light but when it dries & goes through a chemical change, I assumed it lost some mass in doing so & didn't actually way as much. No?

Last edited:
Back