71 mm from II

At about what RPM does the s471 light? I would rather go with the s400 based turbo but I don't want it to spool too slow.
Can you get a 66mm s400?

On my Ppumped 24v with 215 pump 4ks mid 20s on timing and 6x.16s, will start to light at about 1900 and have 55lbs by 2500.... 71/74.90ar....

Not sure , it was big and heavy , one of Shane’s monsters

Shane dose a lot of turbo’s, several million a year worth, II is a large turbo rebuilder as well, with a warehouse full of different possibilities. That is the reason to go with Industrial injection on any need, from turbo’s to fuel injection; they have been doing this stuff for almost 40 years, way before diesel was cool. They have the equipment to actually rebuild and test Bosch injectors and pumps. The test stand alone to correctly do a CR injector and pumps is well over a quarter million, no one else in the diesel performance world has one.
This is just one of a many reasons to do business with them. Shane can whip up any combination you could possibly want. With the recourses from Borg Warner, that is unavailable to others

have a friend running the phat shaft 71 on his 05 dd with flux 3.5's. he tows a trailer for work and spool up isnt really any worse than the silver bullet i used to have. it seems to be a decent charger. he has had it for almost 3 years without issue

Shane dose a lot of turbo’s, several million a year worth, II is a large turbo rebuilder as well, with a warehouse full of different possibilities. That is the reason to go with Industrial injection on any need, from turbo’s to fuel injection; they have been doing this stuff for almost 40 years, way before diesel was cool. They have the equipment to actually rebuild and test Bosch injectors and pumps. The test stand alone to correctly do a CR injector and pumps is well over a quarter million, no one else in the diesel performance world has one.
This is just one of a many reasons to do business with them. Shane can whip up any combination you could possibly want. With the recourses from Borg Warner, that is unavailable to others

You must have a secret Greg, maybe these help dull the gagging sensation.

62771b.jpg

Thanks
So do they pay you to say that stuff or just give you free chit?:cheer:

No they don’t pay me, it’s just me passing on the experience for years of running their products on many of my different programs.
I have run fast with Industrial Injection parts for going on 7 years, the very first 9 second pass in a diesel truck was with their parts, same goes for the very first 8 second pass. The entire project X series uses their parts. Project X diesel with a single turbo , single pump, and small injectors , and a single stage of nitrous ran low 11 second passes , at 128 mph at 6200 lbs , at the time was one of the faster single turbo CR’s.

One thing to thank about is that free parts aren’t any good if they don’t perform. I’ve been offered parts and good money to switch, by some of the competition, but I can’t get the same predictable performance out of other parts, and I’ve tested the others parts as well.

I road in project x with that 71 turbo on it. Talk about a laggy SOB. I think somewhere around 80mph it lit. When it lit it went sideways till 120 when the driver let off but still. That was a dog. Maybe it needed a boosted launch to get up on top of it? I know the truck had the billy bad ass tune on it cause I heard comp tell the driver to take it easy on the truck. No nitrous was used though.

I road in project x with that 71 turbo on it. Talk about a laggy SOB. I think somewhere around 80mph it lit. When it lit it went sideways till 120 when the driver let off but still. That was a dog. Maybe it needed a boosted launch to get up on top of it? I know the truck had the billy bad ass tune on it cause I heard comp tell the driver to take it easy on the truck. No nitrous was used though.

Mine lit fine. I could start spinning the tires at the top of 1st gear

Project X wasn't. That's for sure. But like I said, maybe it needed a little boost before you stood on it from a stop.

yea the convertor was way too tight , with progressice nitrous , it was brutal,
here is a video where it broke the pinion 2 seconds in to the run .

notice it pushed the tire and started the clocks and then I launched ,

this was a small amount of nitorus and a mild tune
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zX9oQSP1PQ

Mine lit fine. I could start spinning the tires at the top of 1st gear

x2 and mine was on 12v that was under fueled, with almost no tuning, but it was also built from pius at bell turbo....and as comp461 said my Industrial injection does have a good product, I ran their dragon flows in my 12v and they were awesome should have never sold them. oh that was with a 92% suncoast probably a tad too tight, and it still worked great.

I bought one to go on my 12 valve project. But I bought a none gated version and after reading Im kinda worried about it running away. lol besides wastegate it, what else can I do to prevent this? Im sorry to jack the thread. I just want some more info on this...

II turbo's work!

i've set several personal records with a single turbo when they first released the silver bullet back in 06-07, best of a 10.90. since then we have set other customer records like the latest set with a PS 71 k31 hybred from II 10.70, not even on a good pass, i know it has about 2-3 tenths left..but now were going to use a s400 base model II has built up for us.

I use there turbo's on everything i build, They work, what else can i say

Back