71 mm from II

I wouldn't touch a 71mm s300, too big of wheel for too small of frame.....

I wouldn't touch a 71mm s300, too big of wheel for too small of frame.....

I disagree. Ran an S300 based HTT 71/73-13ss. It had a ported shroud compressor housing and billet compressor wheel and I absolutely loved it. Had it gated at about 55psi and it made 733/1305 on fuel. Spooled better than the Prostreet 66 I had on the truck before. The guy who has it now is running it on a 6.7 and it's still kicking.

Our Phat Shaft 71 kit comes with exhaust manifold, New intake, oil supply and oil drain. Hardware etc. The K31/71mm billet wheel has a very good compressor map. We sell S400 turbos as well. There has been some very big hp made with the Phat Shaft 71 kit. We can list names if needed. We do want to help you any way we can. Thanks

The Silver Bullet 71 is not built on a S300 frame. We use a S330 frame and also install a 360deg. steel thrust. This has been a very stable and tough combination. Call us if you want more info. Thanks, Brady

Our Phat Shaft 71 kit comes with exhaust manifold, New intake, oil supply and oil drain. Hardware etc. The K31/71mm billet wheel has a very good compressor map. We sell S400 turbos as well. There has been some very big hp made with the Phat Shaft 71 kit. We can list names if needed. We do want to help you any way we can. Thanks

can you PM me a map of the phatshaft 71, i have one and would love to have more info on it...

The Silver Bullet 71 is not built on a S300 frame. We use a S330 frame and also install a 360deg. steel thrust. This has been a very stable and tough combination. Call us if you want more info. Thanks, Brady

Which is an s300 frame with a 360 degree thrust bearing? What about all the 71mm silver bullets made before the "s330" frame was ever talked about by you guys? I'm sure they are decent chargers but I'm just sayin.

As for the phat shaft 71, the compressor is k31 based, but what for the turbine? The k31 turbine is notorious for its overspeed issues, and subsequent self destruction. So do you use the k31 turbine, or are you guys using an s400 turbine nd shaft and mating the k31 compressor to it? I have always been interested by this, especially to denote the price tag which comes with such a piece. If its a standard k31 that you have just put housings and your name on, then what is so special? Thanks

I had a II Super Phat Shaft 66 (66/14/71) for over 4 years and loved it. Not great for towing, but I did not have any issues with daily driving or on the track.

I now have an II Silver Bullet 66 (66/14/74), not as friendly for daily driving and I would not try to tow heavy with it. Have not really had a chance to find out how it does on the track as I have other fueling issues since I put it on.

If I had it to do over I would have stayed with the SPS 66.

Wow Guys all I can say is thank you for the input!
I have been wanting to go with an s400 based turbo, because I thought the 300's would not have the internals to hold up to the abuse of a
p-pump.
I do have a few newb. questions though so please try not to hammer me too bad!
1.What is the difference between the s300 frame and the s330 frame, and do the differences make it more overspeed/overdriven friendly?
2. This is more for topfueler. Can you all "custom" build an s400 to have the silver 71 specs except the stronger internals of the s400?
3. I was really hoping for 700-800 at the rear wheels, is that way too much for a p-pump 24v to be really streetable? I just want to be able to jump in the truck and go, and not worry about having to bring half the tool box with me. I know I will have some lag and you have to give up some streetability for power I just dont want something too crazy.

I have a p pumped 24v with a silver bullet 66/74/14 I make 750+hp and runs 11.65. I daily drive mine fine. I have even towed with it and it towed good. I like lots of timing it dosent seem to hurt spool up and helps alot on a p pumped 24v. I run 35* of timing.

I have a p pumped 24v with a silver bullet 66/74/14 I make 750+hp and runs 11.65. I daily drive mine fine. I have even towed with it and it towed good. I like lots of timing it dosent seem to hurt spool up and helps alot on a p pumped 24v. I run 35* of timing.

^^^ listen to him, P-Pumped 24V MASTER :bow:

What is the charger called from II that is a 71/74 and has a T4 footprint with a polished compressor housing??

could be either one, with the t4 foot sounds like a PS71 with a gated housing

Sounds like the PS71, Id rather run an s471 to be honest. But my 469 runs way better than the PS71 I had from II, I was not impressed. And my kit didnt come with any of the other stuff Brady listed above...

At about what RPM does the s471 light? I would rather go with the s400 based turbo but I don't want it to spool too slow.
Can you get a 66mm s400?

Theres 65,66(special cut), 68, 69, 71, etc, etc... I personally like the 468 or 469. My 469 at 24* timing starts to spool bout 1900-2000 and spools pretty decent from there. Lower timing it spools way better but with my 215pump kills my top end power. Its at 40psi by 2600 and pulling hard till 4k at 60psi. I was told by Chris to run it not much higher than 60psi. Really fun turbo and I daily drive mine smoke free with the A/C on full blast. But ive spent ALOT of time tuning the AFC.

I went for a 66 to the 71 on Project X diesel, and the results were amazing, and this is using a data logger. This charger needs a good cam profile, and ported head to be really a street turbo.
I had way too tight of a convertor at first, after Barry at NADP sent me the correct convertor , it was a explosive .
The compressor out dropped 200 degrees at 48 psi boost from the 66. This was at 900 hp land speed runs. I picked up close to 140 hp peak hp, and a broad power curve.
This is not for everyone, but it’s great for those that really want to make big cool power. I would recommend absolutely an external like the one ED has, especially if you’re using NX.
The Industrial Injection Kit is complete with every part you need, plus their almost 40 years experience with turbochargers and the fact that Shane Williams is a member of the advisory counsel of Borg Warner

100_0516.jpg

Here is a SB 66 and the 71. Along with the installation kit
xnewturbo001-1.jpg

And here is a picture of a huge turbo at II’s turbo shop
greg.gif

I went for a 66 to the 71 on Project X diesel, and the results were amazing, and this is using a data logger. This charger needs a good cam profile, and ported head to be really a street turbo.
I had way too tight of a convertor at first, after Barry at NADP sent me the correct convertor , it was a explosive .
The compressor out dropped 200 degrees at 48 psi boost from the 66. This was at 900 hp land speed runs. I picked up close to 140 hp peak hp, and a broad power curve.
This is not for everyone, but it’s great for those that really want to make big cool power. I would recommend absolutely an external like the one ED has, especially if you’re using NX.
The Industrial Injection Kit is complete with every part you need, plus their almost 40 years experience with turbochargers and the fact that Shane Williams is a member of the advisory counsel of Borg Warner

Thats just going from an s300 to an s400 size frame. Thats a givin.

the 71 hogue is using is a k31 PS71... thats aleast what i see in the picture...

Back