797 rwhp uncorrected, 4th gear, #2 only.

McRat

On stock injectors and a big single. Drove to and from the dyno in the rain, 19mpg. Fully streetable.

Power carried out to 4400 rpm and we shut it off. Never did make full boost.

Charger is a PPE GT42 Magnum single. PPE Dual Fuelers. EFILive tuning.

Engine by SoCal Diesel, BMS and my right hand man Robert.

Perhaps it's time to finally go to bigger sticks. Or should I keep pushing? :D

Is this good or something?

Depends.

If you are the hapless soul that said you could never go over 400 hp in a LLY with factory sticks?

No. It's bad. It's very bad.

:D

If you are a Twin guy who swears you can't get a big single to make power or be streetable?

No. It's bad. Bad indeed.

:D

If you are an LLY Duramax Owner?

Why yes. Yes it is good! :rockwoot:

Typical dyno day. Nothing went right, but in the end, finally got her to rock.

Any Cummins or Fords up to 800 on stock injectors? With or without drugs?

:shake:

:cheer:

:tree:

:woohoo:

:ft:

Yes, it moved the power up 400 rpm from a 3950 peak with the GT4202R to 4350 peak with the GT42 Magnum.

Street manners are identical, and it's no problem to spool the charger past 2800 rpm for launching.

Yes, it moved the power up 400 rpm from a 3950 peak with the GT4202R to 4350 peak with the GT42 Magnum.

Street manners are identical, and it's no problem to spool the charger past 2800 rpm for launching.

Pat, did they increase the turbine A/R, or a go to a new turbine wheel, or both, to accomplish that?

Or eez eet classified?

Nice work Pat. Its always nice to see hard facts from dynos.

I received this turbo flow chart from someone else testing their turbo something about 23% more better ....LOL

Attachments

• Turbo graph.jpg
    Turbo graph.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
The outside is identical to a GT4202R, but now the intake inducer and exhaust exducer at ~3.2 instead of 3.0.

I'm not sure if PPE has published any specs on the Magnum yet, so I can't say what's actually inside it.

All I know is that it swapped with no changes at all to anything.

We do know it's supposed to flow 13% more, and we saw at least 10% minimum high RPM flow on the dyno. EGT's were 1650 peak with the big stuff, and 1400 with a 650 horse tune.

Stock Sticks??? WOW? Congrats!!!!!!!!

Well, that makes me think...What kinda HP could I acheive with my stock sticks?? I just figure for someone like me that does Not have the time or money to do Major tuning and try diff. programers and boxes......I just figure that I'll need bigger sticks and the Cp2 mod to acheive more hp.....

Does anybody know If I could gain some HP JUST by adding the Modded CP3 and still keep stock sticks???? Or will I not see a substnl. gain without adding the 90-100 nozzles at the same time.......

Sorry to high jack........Just always wondered if a stage 2 or 3 cp3 by itself would actually MAKE power on stock stix???.... Of course I guess reliability will then be an issue for the stock sticks.......???

Last edited:
Nice work Pat. Its always nice to see hard facts from dynos.

I received this turbo flow chart from someone else testing their turbo something about 23% more better ....LOL

Yes, I've seen that graph before, and I was amazed at what the "Hillbillies" could achieve with just Vice-Grips, a box of matches, and a Bong.

We will be testing the HillBilly Spinny-Thingy very soon. We imagine it will surpass anything NASA has come up with so far.

I hope I don't get in trouble, but here is a secret spy shot of the HillBillyCharger internals:

Ab021.jpg

Back