833hp Common Rail Single turbo on #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
rookie in the diesel world..hahahahaha

not even close buddy.. been doing this for 25+ years.. how long you bein in it..

dalpilot, i have that power to tow with, its a lil hard to get 12,000lbs plus rolling on sum of the hills out here in oregon...

Raschein said:
usually a smarta$$ is usually a dumb one as well..

Why cant you show me?? you must know everything??? sorry but it aint gunna happen, unless you have like a v12 caterpillar engine...

Yep, they don't get much dumber than me..I need a set of instructions to tie my shoes and a road map to get to work every day...:hehe:

Why can't I show you? This isn't my pipe dream. You brought it up.....If you're hell bent on proving that a light duty diesel truck engine can't produce 800 hp for an extended period of time, either show us proof that it can't happen or prove it yourself.

So, turn your ball cap backwards, get some grease on your elbows and we'll see what you come up with... :D

--Scott (The dumb moderator)

I tow heavier loads than that quite often up hills and mountains similar to yours in Oregon, but I don't need to do it at WOT.

Seriously, I would prefer not to lock this thread, in case the original poster decides to come back and run his 830HP cr down the track.

what should i do?

hmm i build diesel engines for a living!! Mostly John Deeres and Ford industrial engines. I have built my fairshare of cummins 5.9l engines.. I have been building Performance diesel engines that find there way into prostock tractors and a few superfarm tractors.. sum of those engines couldnt even stand up to the 800hp constant hp..

if you need 800hp to tow something, more than likely your 1 ton truck dont need to be pulling it anyways...

all i am trying to say is

If your tryin to prove a point by how much hp your truck makes, make sure your truck can do it constantly.. not just a quick rev and then oh goody goody 800hp!! cmon guys i just want the truth..

Raschein said:
If your tryin to prove a point by how much hp your truck makes, make sure your truck can do it constantly.. not just a quick rev and then oh goody goody 800hp!! cmon guys i just want the truth..

well you said it yourself, that youve built motors with more than twice the displacement cant do it...

I think you mean do it repeatedly. Nothing is designed to produce its peak power for a continuous period. Thats why there is a max continuous number.

duke1n if you think that makes you a better person then say it.. but when you have room to talk then just keep you mouth zipped..please :rules:

mikeym that is what i am trying to say.. it cant be done..duhhhhhh.. so why do guys on this website post that bs???

dalpilot..

A motor in a 2004.5 dodge diesel, stock trim and everything.. will produce the sae hp that is written on the cummins tag it is sent with.. time and time again once it reaches engine temperature.....

Nice job guys, this thread is done. And yes it will, thats called max continuous power. It can make more, but it doesn't so it WILL do it again.

I'm so confused I don't even know what to say.
What the hell is the difference between the stock Dodge you mention hitting it's peak power every time and an 800 HP motor hitting it's peak power every time ?

I mean...you know the stock Dodge doesn't make 270 HP...whatever....all the way across the RPM's....do you expect a high performance motor to ?

I'm lost....is this guy picking a fight or agreeing with everyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back