844 Common Rail Twins Brian Carter 03 4x4 one ton

COMP461

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Congratulations Brian Carter and crew, 843 hp and pegged the torque meter at 1500+. They just left the parking lot of RAYMAC’s stopping by for a visit after trying out their new combination.

Their truck really look great, and I will say with a few tweaks 900+ hp is a few pulls away. This is on a single pump and old 100 hp 2 flow injectors. I talked them in to the hottest new injector out there the Industrial Injection Dragon flow 8 hole CR . I believe that with those injectors the possibilities are good that this truck could knock on the door of 1000 hp

They said the RAYMAC head and ZZ manifold along with the MaxSpool1 cam bumped them up 172 hp . This was at the CTD diesel king of the hill dyno day at Buddha Texas. Last week at Tulsa Dragway the 8000 lbs truck ran several 11.70's @ 115.88 for a best of 11.70 @ 115.88

Wished Ray had of been here to see the truck, but He had just left to a well deserved vacation at Charlie Stewarts New Mexico’s Cabin.

looks like our secret is getting out...............II makes the best stuff in my book

oh yea and that cam, way cool greg thanks.

BTW gale would be proud of my 12.10 @ 111 smokless pass on winter #1 fuel only:hehe:

Wade you have the Maxspool1 cam in your. I've decided to call it the MaxSpool series because of the way it helps these trucks spool a big single,
That makes for quite a few trucks in the 800 range with this cam.
Brady at Industrial 818, and I hear they have done more.
Project X Diesel 862
Wade at NGM I would bet yours is well over 800 with the times you run

This cam is CNC ground so we don’t use masters and I can change the grind at will with a change in just a number on the computer. Your no longer limited to a few different grinds, but one custom designed to you particle application. We start with a select Cummins core that is inspected and then the grind is applied over the Cummins grind. My cam experts tell me that Cummins did their home work on the stock factory cores. Cummins did not use cast, or chilled iron, but Cast steel These cams are harden by Cummins to a depth far greater then we will ever grind in to on even the bigger cams used in. Remember you only grind on the back side of a cam to increase lift. Its neat about Cummins stock parts like rods, pistons and now cams that are perhaps better then we could have ever made our selves. For all out race cams I still use a billet to get the maximum area under the curve. With the new rockers I will be testing on Project X this new week, and doing an install for Diesel Power on Tuesday. I think the factory core will yield even enough for any engine

Last edited:
COMP461 said:
Wade you have the Maxspool1 cam in your. I've decided to call it the MaxSpool series because of the way it helps these trucks spool a big single,
That makes for quite a few trucks in the 800 range with this cam.
Brady at Industrial 818, and I hear they have done more.
Project X Diesel 862
Wade at NGM I would bet yours is well over 800 with the times you run

:hehe: :umno:

Funny............I run the same times or faster than the 3 trucks you just named, and heavier at that, and have not dynoed over 730 uncorrected:doh:

Funny how when you're blowing your own horn............800+ is easy!!LOL :hehe:

You and I both know Greg it's not just peak #'s but area under the curve. Just cause you can hit 800 on a dyno doesn't mean you can beat a truck that makes 730.
If someone can get a common rail to make power past 4k+ rpm's then look out!

both statments are true, but it seems that most of the CR's that are in that range of track times are making that kind of power. but when you compare a ford or even a pre CR dodge there hp#'s are much lower, i guess it takes more power to make a CR move down the track?

I can't say I've seen many CR dyno sheets but it must have to do with area under the curve. I guess I'll see when I dyno mine. Do these motors tend to have a real peaky curve?

COMP461 said:
not peaky at all

Care to explain how 130 more hp runs only 1 tenth faster in a truck that wieghs 800-1000 lbs less then??

It couldn't be the driver could it??!!!:hehe:

Dockboy said:
Care to explain how 130 more hp runs only 1 tenth faster in a truck that wieghs 800-1000 lbs less then??

It couldn't be the driver could it??!!!:hehe:

Bad head wind...:hehe:

Project X will go a lot faster if we allow it. It went a 11.62 in Houston, on a single stage. The next pass Wes used the 2nd stage and shut it off after the 1/8. it picked up 3 tenths . The result would be an easy 11.20 and a trip out the gate. Project X was put to gather in 3 weeks, and really most in the last three day.

Funny thing about you, you get on and bash every time I post, you offer no practical info, but “it’s got to be wrong comp did it “some people like a little info and help.

I freely give it , and offer my cell number to anyone , and spend a lot of time helping , If your so good at this how much time do you put in helping , or dose anyone even ask. If you can’t say anything relevant and positive, then watch, you might learn something. 99 % of all banter on her involving me is started by others

COMP461 said:
I freely give it , and offer my cell number to anyone , and spend a lot of time helping , If your so good at this how much time do you put in helping , or dose anyone even ask. If you can’t say anything relevant and positive, then watch, you might learn something. 99 % of all banter on her involving me is started by others

I am asked plenty to help and do so freely and often ;)

Did you ever think that all the crap you get is because you are always feeding us your resume or blowing your own horn?:eek:wned: :hehe:

Good to hear Brian made the show and some good numbers too.

BOTW, when I get back I'm dropping a leave chit for the Lewisville ODRA dyno event, I need to test as I found 5 psi on #2 and it acts better than the other days event.......hope to see you there!

Jim

Greg:

Congratulations to your friend Brian on his dyno run! There is no doubt that the CR trucks can definitely make some power.

Greg, I have been trying to catch up to you on these boards to let you see a video of my "old relic" 96' Dodge CTD 12 valve running on a Dynojet 248H in Durham, N.C. on 02-17-07. No disrespect to you, but I know you have said several times, that the "old guard" shops like Scheid, Haisley and Enterprise can't build an engine that will spool an acceleration dyno. I would like you to take a look at this video and see if you change your mind about that now.
And the cam in my engine is not a "Maxspool1" either, although it looks like that cam is doing a good job.

Here is the video of my dyno run:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3403781569936276784&hl=en

One thing I know you won't like is all the black smoke Greg!:doh: I guess I need a BIG "NX Express" NOS System on my truck. Could you help me out with that??? I think that would clear up some of the black smoke, what do you think Greg?? Thanks in advance!
----------
Sincerely,

John_P

John_P said:
I think that would clear up some of the black smoke, what do you think Greg?? Thanks in advance!
----------
Sincerely,

John_P

That and put you over the 1K HP mark I would think;)

Chris

Congrats on the great numbers. I guess we will see more of these CR making good power this year.

John_P said:
Greg:

Congratulations to your friend Brian on his dyno run! There is no doubt that the CR trucks can definitely make some power.

Greg, I have been trying to catch up to you on these boards to let you see a video of my "old relic" 96' Dodge CTD 12 valve running on a Dynojet 248H in Durham, N.C. on 02-17-07. No disrespect to you, but I know you have said several times, that the "old guard" shops like Scheid, Haisley and Enterprise can't build an engine that will spool an acceleration dyno. I would like you to take a look at this video and see if you change your mind about that now.
And the cam in my engine is not a "Maxspool1" either, although it looks like that cam is doing a good job.

Here is the video of my dyno run:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3403781569936276784&hl=en

One thing I know you won't like is all the black smoke Greg!:doh: I guess I need a BIG "NX Express" NOS System on my truck. Could you help me out with that??? I think that would clear up some of the black smoke, what do you think Greg?? Thanks in advance!
----------
Sincerely,

John_P

Looked like it spooled rather well IMHO.:rockwoot:

Back