A Girls RCSB 1/2 Ton 12v

I would do stock floor. But I'm biased because I wouldn't fit if it wasn't stock floored.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

Curious, how come no one just mounts the axle above the frame, instead of a huge notch like that? Appearance?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Curious, how come no one just mounts the axle above the frame, instead of a huge notch like that? Appearance?

If the axle is mounted above the frame
A) you would not be able to get any lift to get back to ride height
B) you would still have to notch the frame. Just the opposite direction to get to ride height
C) the suspension geometry would be a nightmare
D) B&C would make the entire idea behind it impossible.

If the axle is mounted above the frame
A) you would not be able to get any lift to get back to ride height
B) you would still have to notch the frame. Just the opposite direction to get to ride height
C) the suspension geometry would be a nightmare
D) B&C would make the entire idea behind it impossible.

Ride height? Suspension? I wasn't aware these trucks had any real suspension lol. this just confuses me.

Last edited:
Ride height? Suspension? I wasn't aware these trucks had any real suspension lol. this just confuses me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376583657.340728.jpg
If its setup correctly you can still yank around a pretty large trailer without issue. After all a class 8 rig uses the same principle

All it takes is a cantilever to put the chassis under the axle. Reverse four link for control. Chassis would still have to be notched like was already mentioned.

One of the cooler duallies I saw had a high mounted set of cantilevers with control rods made out of welded chains to mount to the axle.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

null_zpsbe264dd1.jpg

I know this isnt Layla but its the newest addition to the clan :) Itll help me if I need to throw Layla on a trailer I can use my own truck to yank her around :D
null_zps2a047cb9.jpg

I like the color of your first gen. Very clean truck!

Back