Abridged version of the build (lots of pics, few words)

Instead of using it as the second line off a single CP3, I have it hooked up as the primary line from the second CP3 to the top of the rail.

This is the hose that's on it.....

Slide3-25.jpg

That hose don't flow worth chit, just try blowing through it, then blow through the short stock feed line and you'll see what I mean.

I'd look into putting a relief back into the system, along with a steel feed line, think Shane from wicked if I remember right can build them.

im curiouse on the fitting as well, what size thread fits in the head? Whats the whole design of the check valve and the fitting. Just lookin for ideas

The fitting at the back of the head is a 12mm x 1.5 on a -6 AN 90* swivel fitting. The line is -6 AN, the check valve is -6 AN.

You'd need the 90* fitting (comes with the sealing washer), 4 hose ends, 1 check valve and about a foot of -6 hose. That's not including the rest of the return system.

If you go directly from the check valve to the T fitting, you can just use a -6 swivel coupler and eliminate 2 of the hose ends. I just didn't have a -6 coupler handy, so I made that small section of hose.

Well, we got two things accomplished tonight......Jack and Squat.

I figured we'd put the motor in without lifting the cab a bit......yeah, that wasn't happening.

We wrestled with it for an hour or so and said SCREW IT....we'll pull the Chevelle off the lift tomorrow, lift the cab a few inches and drop the motor in.

It just wasn't wanting to play and I wasn't in the mood to fight with it.

But, the rest of the gauges came in today, so it wasn't a total waste.

Slide1-121.jpg

Slide2-122.jpg

Slide3-92.jpg

Slide4-61.jpg

Well, here's the progress.

Had to lift the cab about 4"-5" to get the motor to drop in without a fuss.

Engines in, fuel system is hooked up, EGT probes are in, water lines are hooked up, cab is bolted back down, front wheels are off.

Should go pretty quick from here.

The next major slow down will be running all the electrical.

Slide1-122.jpg

Slide2-123.jpg

Slide3-93.jpg

Slide4-62.jpg

Slide5-46.jpg

Slide6-35.jpg

Slide7-31.jpg

Slide8-24.jpg

Slide9-21.jpg

So today we got the rest of the drivetrain in.

Serviced the trans.....didn't look half bad considering this was two years of crap.

Tomorrow starts the wiring.

Slide1-124.jpg

Slide2-124.jpg

Slide3-94.jpg

Slide4-63.jpg

Slide5-47.jpg

Not bad for 2 years worth of abuse.....

Slide6-36.jpg

Adjusted the bands.....

Slide7-32.jpg

Installed the fittings for the braided lines.....

Slide8-25.jpg

Slide9-22.jpg

Slide9a-2.jpg

Exhaust is hooked back up.....man I hate that v-band.

Slide10-16.jpg

And, the sexy new rotors came in today.....

Slide11-14.jpg

Awsome build man! Great pictures and write up.
I really like the steel braided lines and anodized fittings that is awsome!

Cummin-a-long,
What an incredible amount of pictures, work and detail you have put into this thread! Great display of your obvious passion and abilities. Can't wait to see how it does for you--hope you end up super satisfied! At least the bottom end will be right, so you can do whatever you want with everything else... Best wishes, and I hope it rocks when you get it back going! :rockwoot:

Mmmmm.....

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

These things were so sexy I was gonna do perverse things to them.

Brakes.jpg

I need rotors and pads just as soon as I get up and running again too. What did those run you and where did you buy??

swole, do autoanything.com they are the best price i found and ship free, idk where he got em...

Make sure you put a Baldwin 1212 in place of that smaller filter on your fass pump, it aint a water separator at all i found that out first hand on my 2005- i got a tank with water in it and it seized up all 6 injectors. Anyway, that filter on the fass is a fleetguard 1023 in a different wrapper. And if you call up your local cummins place for the info on the 1023 they will tell you it dont seperate out water at all, it is just a wire screen deal. fass put it on there to protect their pump and give a lifetime warranty. just fyi. nice job on all this.

Hopefully we get 'er fired tomorrow, but I'm planning on Monday.

Today, all the electrical got done and the return fuel line got finished.

Finally got to turn the key on after 2 months and everything came right to life.

Tomorrow I gotta finish tightening up some wiring, need to flush all the fuel lines and prime the pump.

After that, it's time to put the front of the truck on and get it ready to turn over.

Slide1-125.jpg

Slide2-125.jpg

Slide3-95.jpg

Slide4-64.jpg

Slide5-48.jpg

Slide6-37.jpg

Slide7-33.jpg

Slide8-26.jpg

Slide9-23.jpg

Slide10-17.jpg

Tomorrow should be it.

Got 'er almost 100% complete now.

Gotta make the trans lines tomorrow, put the intake and charge pipes back on, top off the fluids and make a final check of everything.

Got a lot done today.

Flushed the fuel lines, swapped the filters on the FASS and primed the fuel system.....

Slide1-126.jpg

Slide2-126.jpg

Put the drive shafts back in.....

Slide3-96.jpg

Slide4-65.jpg

Had to fix the starter solenoid wire. The wire was broken and the starter wouldn't engage.....

Slide5-49.jpg

Finished cleaning up the front crossmember.....

Slide6-38.jpg

Slide7-34.jpg

Slide8-27.jpg

Got the front end back together. Not putting the bumper on until after it's we do the break in runs.....

Slide10-18.jpg

Slide11-15.jpg

Slide12-8.jpg

Slide13-9.jpg

Slide15-2.jpg

Slide14-7.jpg

Slide16-1.jpg

Back