Adrenaline tunes are up.

Ok, so I am about to buy an adrenaline here in about a week. Is there a specific one I should get, or just the a1000 model? Thoroughbreddiesel.com has em for $463 shipped.

i got mine in, havent had a chance to run it yet. but here is my initial impressions.

1) I got an EXTREMELY good deal, so the fact that theres something i dont like probably isnt a good thing.

2) Installation took me about 25 minutes, I know my truck inside and out, upside and down, I'm going to guess that it should take about 1-1.5 hours.

3) The box itself looks like something from the military, well built, the weather pack connector makes edge's little connector look like a joke. The wiring is top notch also.

4) The first problem is the wiring for the OBD connector and injection pump tap are about 12" too short to have the box mounted on the fuse box and routed to be clean enough for my standards.

5) The second issue is the recon monitor, its about the cheesiest thing Ive seen.

Friday I should have some time to play with it.

I've got WAY more than enough wire in my harness to connect to the data port sensor and IP tap and have the ADR mounted on the fuse box. That's where mine is right now. I'm still waiting on UPS to deliver mine. Tracking says out for delivery.

yeah, I'm real anal with wiring.... lol the OBD i made reach, the IP i had to make a 10" extension for

adr

Ok, so I am about to buy an adrenaline here in about a week. Is there a specific one I should get, or just the a1000 model? Thoroughbreddiesel.com has em for $463 shipped.

is that with the pulse monitor??? if so thats a great deal!!!

no its not with the pulse, thats the going rate for the one with the stupid recon monitor

i took the truck for a quick ride today, very quick, but still i have to say with the comp tune and only getting on it 3/4 throttle it BLOWS the edge comp OUT OF THE WATER. had way more power, faster spool up, and fuel to 3600 (thats where the rev limiter hits)

I dunno if that's his normal charge or not. All I know is they charged me $100 for the new board and I've now lost 10psi of boost, 100* EGT's, and there is still no difference in boost/egt's/power from level 0 to level 10.

Mine acts the same way after they sent me a special one for the Auto's surging.
Doesn't matter which tune i run doesn't have the power that it used to.

Mine makes no difference in boost/egt/power on the street or dyno. All PL's look the exact same on the dyno.

I have been running the newest 3000 tune with good success. It is the smoothest by far and there is definitly a difference between pl3 and pl10.

Back