Aftermarket Turbos...

DPDIESEL
How many 13 and 12 second trucks do you have under your belt running the almost as good as a "Garrett GTP38 BB turbo"??

I have the H2E regualur one, stock injectors, DP and DI chips, .....I hate it way laggy, it would diffently need injectors.

I just added 70hp injectors and with my custom 4 position chip it dumps Alot of fuel now. I am going to upgrade the turbo and intercooler, Looks like the Garrett But I am still doing research, wish their was more input on this site.

Have you checked with our Vendors about Turbos yet? I know most of them can get aftermarket Turbos .

Turbo Vendors

Domingo at DJ DieselPerf is my Mech I am proud to say,I believe he has a page here. Anyway He told me to check with Richard at Diesel Inovations out of Texas to see what he reccomends. Domingo is SOLID.:bow:
Man This thing is a SOOT BOMB with These Inj. MORE AIR PLEASE:drive:

Give Ryan at Beans diesel a call. He has some turbo's available. Im currently running a modified h2e from him and this puppy moves some serious air.

I have the GTP38R with Mini-Me injectors and all the supporting mods. With the AFE Magnum Stage II air intake setup you can definately hear the turbo whine. I tend to listen to the radio a little on the loud side so the turbo noise doesn't bother me. Spool-up is very quick! There are alternatives out there but I would say the GTP38R works in damn near ANY situation, and works well. When people talk about Powerstroke turbos, the GTP38R is the benchmark others are judged by.

Looks like The GTP38R for Me , I also listen to loud music and LOVE Turbo Whistle when it' healthy. You guys have pointed me in the right direction Thanks for the INPUT I'll post the results when I get it done, I'm planning on changing the Intercooler at the same time, Do you Like the Spearco over the Banks???? Thanks

i thought its recommended not to use the GTP38R with aftermarket injectors?

can anyone suggest to me whether to run a QSSB or a GTP38R, so many damn options out there makes my head spin. i heard stock injectors will max out at 350-375rwhp which is about 475-500 at the crank, can the GTP38R even handle that?

stock injectors might get you 300 give or take a little at the rear wheels. yes the gtp38r will handle that just fine.

I have many many costumers ,making 400-500 rwhp with a GTP38R.
My wifes 02 has 350+cc injectors with a fully built engine that runs really great with the 38r.

lukecline said:
stock injectors might get you 300 give or take a little at the rear wheels. yes the gtp38r will handle that just fine.

maybe with a 97 or older with the 90cc stock injectors, most people with early 99s dyno 280-290 to the wheels with a stock turbo and stock hpop.

Hey PSD Racer, So is the GT38R My answer?
H2E,? HyperMax,? Turbonetics,? BD"s new BB?
Thanks,
I'm leaning towards The GT38R with the Spearco or DIIC
PS : whats with the saying that the Garrett BB is not reccomended w / aftermarket inj.??

LTJDS said:
Hey PSD Racer, So is the GT38R My answer?
H2E,? HyperMax,? Turbonetics,? BD"s new BB?
Thanks,
I'm leaning towards The GT38R with the Spearco or DIIC
PS : whats with the saying that the Garrett BB is not reccomended w / aftermarket inj.??
Who said the Garrett is not recommended for aftermarket injectors?

Powerstroke Racer said:
Who said the Garrett is not recommended for aftermarket injectors?

from what ive read and from what one bb garrett dealer told me the GTP38R does not respond well to larger injectors. personally if i already had injectors was 100% or positive i was going to upgrade them then id go with an H2E or QSSB.

Power Stroke said:
from what ive read and from what one bb garrett dealer told me the GTP38R does not respond well to larger injectors. personally if i already had injectors was 100% or positive i was going to upgrade them then id go with an H2E or QSSB.
The problem with the internet and a lot of people in general is they usually speak opinions and not fact.
The Garrett BB turbo is the benchmark for aftermarket 7.3 turbos period.
It has been proven over and over and over.
I'd be willing to bet that if you took anyone of the people that say they are not a good performance turbo that they could build any 7.3 they wanted with a single turbo of their choice and I could out run them with a GT38R!!

Powerstroke Racer said:
The problem with the internet and a lot of people in general is they usually speak opinions and not fact.
The Garrett BB turbo is the benchmark for aftermarket 7.3 turbos period.
It has been proven over and over and over.
I'd be willing to bet that if you took anyone of the people that say they are not a good performance turbo that they could build any 7.3 they wanted with a single turbo of their choice and I could out run them with a GT38R!!

well i can tell by the title under your forum name that anything i reply is going to be a waste of my time.
where in my post did i ever say that its not a good turbo? i said that i heard it doesnt work well with an injector upgrade. are you a garrett dealer by any chance?

Last edited:
Power Stroke said:
well i can tell by the title under your forum name that anything i reply is going to be a waste of my time.
where in my post did i ever say that its not a good turbo? i said that i heard it doesnt work well with an injector upgrade. are you a garrett dealer by any chance?
Whoa there I did not say you said it. In an earlier post it was said that the
GTP38R is not recommended for aftermarket injectors.
Yes I am Garrett dealer and have sold more BB turbos than most shops combined,I have also built or sold parts to the fastest Power Strokes in the country. I have also had the fastest Power Stroke for 4 years in a row now.
I don't mean to talk down to you but I tire of the false info that gets spread around by IDE's on the Internet.
www.Dieselinnovations.com

Last edited:
Back