ahale's 2wd shortbed 1stgen build

gots me an 11 blade 72/83/.9 coming in the mail. can you say big twins?

a used set of 145* scheid 5x18's also showed up. 5x20's were hazy mofo's

Spence, gt55 ish, s510, something like that

what would the general consensus be on charge air cooling for this truck? I like the 89 grill, i'd rather not cut it up.

water? non-IC?

So, longbed. (Mods feel free to change the title of the thread)

No rot, one side has some dents.

I think i'm going to stick with the SCLB look. Looks less race, so inherently more awesomer when it runs fast.

Way more awesomer.

D97F58A6-511C-4DC6-BC30-E2D5B49083AA-728-000000748DC32630_zps5094f178.jpg
Say bye to the wheelies....unless you want to go with a 6-8 inch engine setback....

ehh, as long as it hooks i'll be happy.

for some reason the short bed idea was not doing it for me.

if I could find a good way to push the firewall back I would.

the studs are 12mm@ 130ish ftlbs

really cool project super sleeper-y fast long beds
somebody needs to copy you with my long bed, in the barter section....

i wish I fould one that required NO work.... this bed needs some massaging on the drivers side, but hey, they are hard to find

so, the new to me 11blade s472 I bought should be at my door today, Weston's newest design of spool flange is in the mail so I'm told, and my back half shipped from PA yesterday

for now I'll run the 72 and the spool flange just to get the truck rolling. once the transmission is built i'll go ham and put something big on top of it.

I need to figure out a wheel/tire setup to mock up the height of the chassis. When it comes to 2wd stuff i have no idea what to buy for tires. something very wide, 8lugx6.5 with the correct offset for a full width d80 (no, I'm not going to shorten it). I need a dot tire for now, not afraid of tubbing the bed, its probably going to be just bedsides eventually anyways. any suggestions?

How much road driving will it actually see alex? I'd say some simple Polished aluminum Classic 2s with cheater slicks or some big drag radials will be the only tire that might have a chance to hook.

33.0/18.0-15LT
33.0/15.50-16LT

Last edited:
Back