allison swap

i was just wondering if its worth the money to do the allason over the 47re its about 3-4000 price diffrence.

The gearing on the Allison is sure nice though. No problem to get going from a stop like the 47.

i am doing it right now and it is alot of work and money. im 4500 into after selling old trans and case and triple disc. and almost have it all. so 9000 and you can have a far better trans in my opinion.

there's a reason Duramax guys swap 47/48 trannies in their trucks, and it's not because the Allison is better

they probably r for less shifts i would think. but for pulling i like the ally

If your racing use the 47. If your towing swap the allison in. I don't think its worth the money though unless you just want bragging rights.

I'm pretty sure the gear count won't be the deciding factor between transmissions.

i do a little of every thing drag racing sled pulling and towing a trailer so i was thinking the alison because of the 5 speed vs the 3 speed. Also the shift quality.

i do a little of every thing drag racing sled pulling and towing a trailer so i was thinking the alison because of the 5 speed vs the 3 speed. Also the shift quality.

3 speed? Shift quality?

Just build the 47 and save yourself all that money and hassle, it will hold more in the long run anyway.

But now matter how you build the 47, first gear is tall and makes the vehicle sluggish.

Back