allison swap

what starter are they machining it for. i have destroked plate and they use a ford 6.0 starter on the passenger side. how much are they charging you for the adapter. i put the adapter plate in this morning and it fit like a champ. worth the money for sure. only thing is the starter hits a flange on the block, needs alittle die grinder work. '/

this system uses the stock dodge flywheel plate, flywheel and starter. The adapter ring is just over and inch thick and there is an adapter that bolts to the flywheel for the converter. This system also uses an sae 3 bell housing on the transmission which cost just over two hundred. I believe the cost will come in around seven hundred for the adapters compared with five hundred from Howards, which you can't get.

I did not want to move the starter.

I have started on mine I have everything but the stand alone computer from fleece.

here are some pics

GetAttachment9.jpg

GetAttachment8.jpg

GetAttachment4.jpg

GetAttachment5.jpg

It's gonna be fun trying to get the down pipe around that starter. Other than that, more pics please!

FORD starter..... passenger side....

you've cursed your truck..... and should be banished

that 6.0 starter fits in there pretty dare good enough with my primary hanging down there. plenty of room by downpipe. destroked engineered it really good, well except for ford parts!! even the battery cables worked with just switching the positives on the batteries

Nice looking setup. I would love to have one in my truck

Would it be easier to use a SAE #3 flywheel housing on the back of the cummins?

If you are looking for one, I have one for sale.

I don't have enough posts yet to be able to do PM's...

Almost forgot, I have the whole set - flywheel housing, flexplate, torque converter spacer / adapter ring.

How much do you want for the set up? what side does the starter go on?

The starter goes on the driver's side.

I'll sell the flywheel housing, flexplate, converter hub adapter, and converter drive ring all for $225.

You pay shipping from SE Wisconsin. Box will measure 22x22x6 and weigh around 40-45 lbs.

Hey fellas,
When you get a chance,please post some updates with pics if possible. My 47 series in my '03 is just about toast and I'm thinking about going with the same setup.
Thanks-Casey

My truck is waiting on the rear drive line,but once its all buttoned up I will report back with pictures

Any updates? Would like to hear more about the fleece stand-alone.
What do you do u have to use for a shifter? Do you have the tap shift or tow hall mode?
Any info would be apreched. Just thinking about something stronger than my nv4500.

mine is up and running, just fine tuning the shift schedules and lockups. i used the gm shifter, mainly cause i switched from a stick to auto, and i could used the oem gm cable. the allison shifter is a self contained unit that bolts onto the steering column. so i made a plate, welded it onto the doge column and bolted up the gm. done deal. it actually fits damn good. you can use the tow/haul and o/d lockouts too.

How hard is the fine tuning? What do you use to tune it with?
The stand-alone part of the conversion is the only part that concerns me.
Was fleece good to deal with? Sorry for all the ? And thanks for the help

Back