Al's liner, step by step!

When is the Global event? I'll be there with my gloves on.:hehe::Cheer:

No exact date yet! Waiting on NADM to make some decisions! It will be around the same time as last year for sure around the end of may begining of june! Should be rather large! Better start getting ready I'm gonna keep mine together this time!

No exact date yet! Waiting on NADM to make some decisions! It will be around the same time as last year for sure around the end of may begining of june! Should be rather large! Better start getting ready I'm gonna keep mine together this time!

I'm good. I'm not changing much, just adding more fuel & spraying it hard. Other than that, it is the same truck.

I pulled the truck out into the sunlight to show a friend & got to look it over a little better yesterday since the sun came out & my nipples defrosted. You guys were right, it does look to be closer to 1/32" rather than 1/16". I called Al's & they told me that .031 mills or 1/31" was ideal for a truck bed. I have extra liner here, maybe I should spray one more gallon on? How thick is line-x?

I ended up spraying 2 more gallons of liner on my bed, plenty thick now!!! I also got the drivers side ready for liner on the rockers. I'm gonna spray the step on the rear bumper as well. I probably won't get to do much until after christmas, but here are some pics.

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

I got my rockers done today! I just gotta do inside of the door jambs now & the truck is completely done.

Sanded & sprayed with etch primer, ready for liner.

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Primer from Al's kit.

Picture021.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Bedliner on the rockers is awesome IMO, the only thing is it needs to be a smoother, less grainy liner. I've seen some that had a very aggressive grain to it and isn't as attractive.

Also, if the factory bumper is still on it, the gray needs to be sprayed over to match.

Looks absolutely awesome!!! Wish I was as brave as you to take on projects like that!!!!(& painting your truck as well!)

I pulled the truck out into the sunlight to show a friend & got to look it over a little better yesterday since the sun came out & my nipples defrosted. You guys were right, it does look to be closer to 1/32" rather than 1/16". I called Al's & they told me that .031 mills or 1/31" was ideal for a truck bed. I have extra liner here, maybe I should spray one more gallon on? How thick is line-x?

We generally have 1/8" of coverage across the board. The floor ussually checks out around 125mils, the sides around 85mils, and the tailgate around 115 mils

Bedliner on the rockers is awesome IMO, the only thing is it needs to be a smoother, less grainy liner. I've seen some that had a very aggressive grain to it and isn't as attractive.

Also, if the factory bumper is still on it, the gray needs to be sprayed over to match.
It looks rougher in the pics than it actually is. This stuff can be laid on smooth as I want it.
Looks absolutely awesome!!! Wish I was as brave as you to take on projects like that!!!!(& painting your truck as well!)
Thanks man.:Cheer:
We generally have 1/8" of coverage across the board. The floor ussually checks out around 125mils, the sides around 85mils, and the tailgate around 115 mils

Thats awesome! All of the Line x trucks I've seen seemed to be very thin. I didn't think it was that thick.

that is one nice lookin truck, good job on it, looks like you took your time and did it right.im plannin on paintin my truck fore to long. i got my rockers sprayed like yours but i think im gonna go with smoke grey.

Yeah I wasn't saying yours was rough, just that rough ones aren't as attractive. If you ever have seen one you will know. Dam good lookin truck!

that is one nice lookin truck, good job on it, looks like you took your time and did it right.im plannin on paintin my truck fore to long. i got my rockers sprayed like yours but i think im gonna go with smoke grey.

Thanks Dark grey looks sharp!

Yeah I wasn't saying yours was rough, just that rough ones aren't as attractive. If you ever have seen one you will know. Dam good lookin truck!
Thanks man. I understood you, just letting you know that the camera makes it look rougher than it actually is.
Have you have anything in the bed yet to see how well it holds up?

Not yet, just pulled it out of the shop. I will update this thread after I put some beating to it. I don't think I'll have a issue, but if I did, Al's now has rubber crumb additive that I could use. It makes the liner even harder yet...more like Line X. This liner is sweet!

Back