Another race in the South?

I know of say 3 companies now talking about throwing an additional event down here. If us racers, the companies, sponsors and NADM all got together and made a plan it would be as good as the effort put in it.

It would be nice to have one in the tulsa area....They have a great track.....they had a race that I went to year before last and had an alright turnout...But the winning prize was like 100 bucks!!!!

X2 on Tulsa - very nice facility. Plenty of diesel racers local to Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, and Missouri

tulsa is a haul from houston!

i think someone should revive the dhra houston race. always a good turnout at that one

its funny there is a ton of fast trucks in the southeast but no races. ATL race was big a couple years back what happen?

What are the dates in Texas? I've have dates for rogersville mo(6 races)Prescott Ar(6 races) but none for Tulsa?

It would be nice to have one in the tulsa area....They have a great track.....they had a race that I went to year before last and had an alright turnout...But the winning prize was like 100 bucks!!!!

X2 on Tulsa - very nice facility. Plenty of diesel racers local to Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, and Missouri

tulsa is a haul from houston!

i think someone should revive the dhra houston race. always a good turnout at that one

Bus, I've made it from Tulsa to Houston twice for the races! Tulsa wad a fun event the last two years. I won 2wd e/t last year. Payout wasnt bad, I won 230$ and all I was expecting was a plaque.

Yes but Houston is worth driving to. Tulsa on the other hand....

Is Tulsa not very centrally located for just about everybody though?
8 Hours to bowling green, 3.5 to DFW, 8 Hrs to H-Town, and there's alot of trucks in Missouri and Arkansas as well.

We all want more races! So look at it as away of helping each other get what we want. If you can't come or don't want to so be it. I'm in arkansas and I will do my best to go to all of the races and bring as many ppl as I can.

If Tulsa is it Tulsa will be the road trip.

A third Texas " big Race " will happen in Houston just a matter of time. Again, RP raceway is veeeeery diesel friendly and a 1st class track. It is just a matter of getting the funds and sponsors together to actually get the track. The trucks and spectators will come.

I think from a competitors point of view, they dont like to travel. TONS of money has been vested into the truck already, now more is needed inorder to compete. Fuel, meals, hotels, and repairing anything that breaks are all added costs into what is already a very expensive hobby. ( I use the term hobby loosely, as it is a way of life for many) So, the competitors tend to stay home, or IF they do come, its for the parties and to sit and watch the event. They can ride with friends to split the fuel and hotel expenses.
From the NADM point of view, well, no competitors, no sponsors, means no money and no event. An EVENT is in direct relationship to people supporting diesel motorsports. Without the support of the competitors ( for whatever reason) there is no event to watch. Therefore there is no money from spectators through the gate to pay for track or whatever else is needed. I will put my flame suit on, but this is what I have noticed in the years past.

NOW

That said, I would LOVE to see more events in the south. I believe the support is growing leaps and bounds in the south. Another issue is the cliques and " I wont come to one of their events" attitude that goes on down there. That does absolutely nothing in furthering the support for the diesel community. SO, the question remains. HOW DO WE BREAK THIS CYCLE? How do we get the numbers up and the support up so that the south can have more events? What makes the midwest " diesel country"? ( you can add redneck jokes if yall like, but remember, we call it a farm, yall call anything over 5 acres a ranch. but its still the same lol ) FWIW, The south doesnt lack the love for diesels nor the talent. Just need to figure a way to get everyone to the track.

You guys have to come down here before you'll know whether anyone will show or not. There's plenty more trucks in the south to race than these "cliques" you mention.

The problem I see is as you mentioned.... money ! There is only a hand full of all out race trucks and anymore, races have been geared towards them. There's constant talk of changing classes to accommodate the fastest trucks.

That's all great but, from what I've seen going to events.... it's the QT and ET classes that make the event. 5 PS trucks are fun to watch but, how long would that last. I'm forever getting flamed here so, I have my suit on too lol

Then we get into the argument of .... " no one wants to come out and watch 11, 12 or 13 second trucks". Well, unfortunately, they are the largest number of entries and IMO, what makes a race last all day if necessary.

Bottom line, I know many, many guys that would show to southern events but, you have to put them on to have them come. Putting them on at a location better than " the middle of nowhere" would help tremendously too but, I know that's expensive.

good luck for sure..... I'm ready to get out and race with my truck which is as far as it could be from a true race truck but, I'll show.

You build it, they will come!!! Travel Yes! Sit at home for all I care. But if you have a 9,10 or 11 sec truck to compete you have to travel. Some a little more than others like I have to but you get to know everyone and there aren't any cliques around here just the same big group of guys that travel together and we are always trying to build the sport and get new players to come and join. Your attitude has alot to do with the sport and how you act when people approach you asking about you and your truck. Remember we are all there to have fun.

And get a lil Money!!!!

Just a thought. There is bash on the byou comming up before too long. Might be an ideal time to get some feed back from everyone, perhaps line up contacts for possible sponsors? ( someone always knows someone ) From those that compete there, find a track that people may allow diesels yet be dollar bill friendly.

in a perfect world baytown would be great. I would drive out to Tulsa if that is what it takes for another southern race.

Agreed! I would love to see a race here for my own selfish reasons. I would be willing to travel to Tulsa if we got another southern event there.

Back