Anyone interested in Procharging their 12v?

call me dumb, but does the pro charger get added to the system and keep the turbo, or are they running completely off of the procharger?

can you say smoke free torque from a 12 valve at 1500 rpm!!!!!!

wow a properly sized procharger to get the bottom end boosted, then a big single like a 475. wow i could imagine the fun that would be

heres my question? how much will this out perform a propely sized twin/compound turbo setup??? or even triples? im not saying the price isnt right but its gota be worth it, because i could build a few set of twins or couple sets of triples for the cost of the kit!

heres my question? how much will this out perform a propely sized twin/compound turbo setup??? or even triples? im not saying the price isnt right but its gota be worth it, because i could build a few set of twins or couple sets of triples for the cost of the kit!

:pop:

I absolutely love mine. I've got an F1C and it had a stock 6.0 turbo on it. I will have it back in a couple of weeks with a GT42 on it. Here's what a couple of tuners/builders have said after driving mine:

I can tell you that once you drive a procharged 6 liter on the street you won't want any other combo if you had to drive or tow every day. The power is instant and you think you are driving a big block gasser with low gears. The response is just hard to explain to someone who has never driven one. The WOT power output is up to the rest of the combo. If the turbo isn't up to the HP goal, the truck will only be a nice part throttle machine.

Just got back from a test drive with the new DI trans installed and I can't seem to wipe the grin from my face, instant torque from a 6 leaker, who da thunk it:doh:
I'm sure the new up pipes from Logan over at Centex Diesel had a lil something to do with the added lowend response. Anything past the first 1/4 of throttle travel results in instant white smoke from the tires:D
You can literally feather the throttle and spin the tires at will in the first 3 gears.

I was trying to find the one from Jonathon at Swamp's too but can't find it. He compared to having a concealed handgun. LOL

For towing, look-up Rockrunner on PSN. He has a handshaker with a 7.3 and is elated his truck now. He uses it primarily for towing.

Instant boost off throttle. No lag. No worries about elevation changes since its all rpm related. Increased fuel economy.

As Imelmo said if you had the chance to drive a supercharged diesel i think you would be smiling ear to ear, it really is like driving a totally new vehicle.

At the shop I work at we have a LBZ with and F1 - GT42 Magnum setup mainly for sled pulling, it rides and steers a little rough due to some of the purpose pulling mods but talk about FUN!!! Super charging is for sure awesome if you have the coin!

What size turbo can you put "under" the pro charger? I guess what Im trying to figure out is there any bottleneck in the system or is it just like pushing air through a smaller turbo in a twin set?

Back