Anyone running a Delta cam regrind?

bearing split-er and shop press is what I use,
!warning! usually makes a big pop when the gear breaks free.
don't use the retainer!

Thanks.. The bearing splitter worked great and no big pop. Just pushed right out slowly.

So whats wrong with a dana 60 rear axle...?

Dodge never put a 60 behind a cummins truck. Mine already ate some carrier bearings.

I need a srw 70 or 80.

ive never had and issue with regrinds. always worked well for me. a 24v vp core would be best to start with. the good ol 180/210 @ .050 with 300/320 lobe on the stock LSA should do what you want. hamiltons stuff is good also. just depends how much a guy wants to spend.
Is that a rv grind?

Is that a rv grind?

I called Delta about the RV cam grind. Wasn't Ken, but the guy wouldn't tell me the numbers. Only say it would work well for me looking for economy and towing power..

Not hearing any real world reviews, or given any specs, I think I will stick with the stock cam.

Now I need to box it up and get it sent out. Sch 80 PVC tube? Man, its heavy long and brittle. Definitely needs to be insured for the cost of a new cam/tappets.

Definitely pack well and insure it. My 1st cam came in 2 pieces by ups.

Definitely pack well and insure it. My 1st cam came in 2 pieces by ups.

Your not the first.. And if there's not 3" of cushion space around the object, UPS wont honor the insurance. So I guess the PVC is out.

They'll do everything they can to get out of a insurance claim.

Insure it for 1k. This makes it a high value package and they're a bit more careful with it.

If you want it broken for sure, label the box "Glass, handle with care." That fukker won't make it 30 feet and you won't be able to recognize it.

delta ships there cam in a normal cam box, when I ship a cam I usually use a cam box with stock style Styrofoam or a c/v axle box and do honey comb of cardboard surrounding it.

^I second the 2-3 inches padding or ups will put the screws to you on the insurance.

Back