Anything new with the p-pump conversion injectors?

How do the LPM you post correlate from other shops in the 70 LPM zone? Different fluid?

other places you air, which is completely and entirely a wrong and useless number.

At long last i have some new injectors to try. I have a set that is nearly identical to the Monster Pump Mile injectors i tried before, and another set that is quite a bit larger. My 7's are running really clean right now with the pop off's set a bit higher. No smoke issues at all with light throttle. Roll into it in drive with the converter locked and it breaks the rears loose easily. It could use a bit more pre-boost fuel to get the chargers lit sooner, but i want to leave it alone and try the larger injectors first and see if they can be tuned for daily driving. I made 887 with the 7's. Not sure how it will respond to 48% more fuel and more air.

At long last i have some new injectors to try. I have a set that is nearly identical to the Monster Pump Mile injectors i tried before, and another set that is quite a bit larger. My 7's are running really clean right now with the pop off's set a bit higher. No smoke issues at all with light throttle. Roll into it in drive with the converter locked and it breaks the rears loose easily. It could use a bit more pre-boost fuel to get the chargers lit sooner, but i want to leave it alone and try the larger injectors first and see if they can be tuned for daily driving. I made 887 with the 7's. Not sure how it will respond to 48% more fuel and more air.

Don't tease us Ron, we need more info. Pm if needed.

I just sent my M6's to Weston for his treatment.

Was gonna send em to don, but figured it wasn't worth it.

My 7's are running really clean right now with the pop off's set a bit higher .

What are they set at?? My 6's are a little smokey when in drive at a stop light, but are pretty clean in park once the truck is warmed up. My DDP 250's are a smokey mess at 270 bar.

My 7's had dropped down to 245. I brought them back up to 280 and it helped alot.

I could have told u that 2 years ago :) try 320 if there really smoky

Was on the phone today with schieds cause my injectors are out there. I brought up some ?s about the ppump conversion injectors and pulling. Joe told me that they set all there big ppump injectors to 4500 witch is about 300- 310 bar, unless somebody wants otherwise. I dont know much about them but i told him my setup and said do what you think is right. He did say that i had a few that were sticking open so my fuel in the exhuast shoud stop soon.

With a P7100, I don't care what holder or spring, I don't like much more than 300BAR.

With a P7100, I don't care what holder or spring, I don't like much more than 300BAR.

True I wouldnt do this to a street truck but if its competiton then do what the pros do, but it will wear a ppump out quick mine lasted about a season , witch they told me so its up to whos own on how far u want to go

Getting some baseline numbers today for my truck before i swap the new nozzles in. There were a number of changes made since my last dyno so I thought it would be a good idea to re-check it so the comparison numbers are valid. The cam change and slightly different turbo setup could make the numbers go up or down a bit, and it would not be fair to blame or credit the nozzles for it.

Getting some baseline numbers today for my truck before i swap the new nozzles in. There were a number of changes made since my last dyno so I thought it would be a good idea to re-check it so the comparison numbers are valid. The cam change and slightly different turbo setup could make the numbers go up or down a bit, and it would not be fair to blame or credit the nozzles for it.

Which nozzles you trying Ron?

Didn't go like I hoped. Things are a bit different. Chris dropped the timing down from 26 to 24(plunger lift method) Doesn't rattle as bad as it used to. My best before the cam and turbo change was 882.1 at around 75psi total with 45psi out of the primary. Chis did some playing with the new gates trying to get them opening in the ballpark range. Made a first run at 881.85 with 65psi totaland 40psi out of the primary. Made a slight wastegate change and power went down. Made another change and it went down again. FASS#3 took a dump and my fuel pressure was dropping pretty low with the stock diaphram pump trying to do it alone.I was hoping the FASS would last longer with me only using it for dyno runs and races. Probably hasn't been on a total of more than 1 hr at the most in the last 2 years.Looks like one or more of the new components has dropped the total boost a bit. Another 5 psi off the primary and full fuel pressure might bring me up to 900 or so(still with the Mach 7's). Runs clean, no problem daily driving it. Even more anxious to try the new nozzles. Alot more fuel with them.

Back