Anything new with the p-pump conversion injectors?

there is a reason why most injector companies aftermarket 12v injectors run that type of pressure.

i am working on making conversion injectors for my truck using 12v injector springs. Smokem helped me with information and measurements.. I just need to get Wes (SMOKEM) to build me some nozzles for my truck.

I will definitely let you all know here in a few weeks how it turns out.

I finished setting mine today. I'm not happy with 2 of them. They weep slightly and don't pop as crisply as the others. I hope some of these other places come online soon with p-pump conversion stuff.

I finished setting mine today. I'm not happy with 2 of them. They weep slightly and don't pop as crisply as the others. I hope some of these other places come online soon with p-pump conversion stuff.

Do you think its cause their conversion injectors or something else?

Don should warranty them for you.

Do you think its cause their conversion injectors or something else?

Don should warranty them for you.

Being set up for the p-pump shouldn't affect them. When I pre-tested them before taking apart, they acted differently. After I took them apart, cleaned them, and put the other shims in to adjust the pressure, the same 2 still were different. If you take the pressure up to about 2500 and hold it they weep fuel slightly. I haven't been able to contact Don for quite a while and I don't want to send them to him unannounced. I know he's a busy guy and after seeing how long it takes to test them,take them apart, clean them, and put them back together, and test them again, then take the two that are leaking apart several more times to see if i could clean them out better... well, I hate to just casually drop them off without warning.

Being set up for the p-pump shouldn't affect them. When I pre-tested them before taking apart, they acted differently. After I took them apart, cleaned them, and put the other shims in to adjust the pressure, the same 2 still were different. If you take the pressure up to about 2500 and hold it they weep fuel slightly. I haven't been able to contact Don for quite a while and I don't want to send them to him unannounced. I know he's a busy guy and after seeing how long it takes to test them,take them apart, clean them, and put them back together, and test them again, then take the two that are leaking apart several more times to see if i could clean them out better... well, I hate to just casually drop them off without warning.

I wanted to say a lot of what you just said, but thought it was not needed. You reassured everything I thought.

I'm dissapointed at least.

Please keep us posted!

Was there any galding? We have a set of JL 5x18 injector that were only about a year old and the local diesel shop went to run them with our pump they built (flow them together) and 2 nozzles were doing the same thing you described. We ended up replacing the 2 nozzles. We dont religiously run pump lube but we do run it atleast once a month. They said the lack of lube was causing the inside pice not to close fully and then compression was going bak up the nozzle.

do they drip or just get wet?
At a steady 2500psi they will make a drop in about 8-10 seconds. I have had them for 2 or 3 years always run Stanadyne(about double what they call for). I don't expect them to last forever. I'll gladly buy another set when something comes available.

Last edited:
Raising the pressure back up made a big difference in smoke. They are much cleaner at idle now. Unfortunately I changed cam and chargers too so I can't say whether there were any other differences. Runs very clean in town on an 80 deg day.

Raising the pressure back up made a big difference in smoke. They are much cleaner at idle now. Unfortunately I changed cam and chargers too so I can't say whether there were any other differences. Runs very clean in town on an 80 deg day.

Mine must need to be raised then.

They have been getting smokey, even under the lightest acceleration.
Even without any boxes, its still smokey. Maybe no additional timing isn't helping burn the extra fuel?

How long does don take to clean and test them?

Last edited:
I had mine dropped to 255 bar and they are still just as clean as before. JL 7x12 with the pump at 500cc.

Mine must need to be raised then.

They have been getting smokey, even under the lightest acceleration.
Even without any boxes, its still smokey. Maybe no additional timing isn't helping burn the extra fuel?

How long does don take to clean and test them?

I drove mine down to the gas station(7miles each way) this evening. No idle haze, and I can't see any smoke coming out of the pipe if I take off gently. I saw just a little black smoke when I left the house and gave it some throttle cold. No light colored smoke like I was seeing before. Let me know what you hear from Don. I have an extra set of injectors now so I could take these out and send them to him if he has the time. The pressures are fine, but they were dripping a bit. I bought some parts from a guy that is getting out of the business. He had bought some of each size shim and since they were just laying around he added them to the stuff I bought. I guess there are several hundred 12v shims. It will save me some time when I do mine again.

I drove mine down to the gas station(7miles each way) this evening. No idle haze, and I can't see any smoke coming out of the pipe if I take off gently. I saw just a little black smoke when I left the house and gave it some throttle cold. No light colored smoke like I was seeing before. Let me know what you hear from Don. I have an extra set of injectors now so I could take these out and send them to him if he has the time. The pressures are fine, but they were dripping a bit. I bought some parts from a guy that is getting out of the business. He had bought some of each size shim and since they were just laying around he added them to the stuff I bought. I guess there are several hundred 12v shims. It will save me some time when I do mine again.

Mine are horrible compared to that. No idle haze that I can see, but lots of black smoke while barely accelerating.

Ill check tomorrow and let you know.

Is this with my injectors Ron or your old ones?

Back