Anything new with the p-pump conversion injectors?

What changes did you notice, if any? Start up ease, idle, etc.?

I'd like to know as well. Wondering if it would help make my truck a little easier or not...i have to bump the throttle a few times to get her to fire. Not sure if the injectors have anything to do with that or not. I'd eventually like to get a full set of conversion injectors on my truck.

So much changed at once I can't say for sure. Truck starts very easy and there's no idle haze nor accelerating haze.

If I want it to fire the instant the key is turned, yes. Otherwise it takes one revolution for the engine and it fires off nice and smooth.

As of this morning my entire shim stash was in the little bag nearest the camera. After UPS it has increased greatly:hehe:. 31 different sizes, 5 or 6 each.

Attachments

• shims 002.jpg
    shims 002.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 56
were did you ge tthe shims from. about how much?

I bought the shims, a set of 12v rods, rocker asbly, and a head from a guy. You can buy the shims from a Bosch dealer/pump shop. They are around $3 each or so. If you use a hollow sleeve with a 12V spring in a 24V injector, it usually takes 3 shims each to get the pressure right. I made a cup shaped sleeve with an external groove and a hole for the overflow. It only takes 1 shim. Either way works.

I bought the shims, a set of 12v rods, rocker asbly, and a head from a guy. You can buy the shims from a Bosch dealer/pump shop. They are around $3 each or so. If you use a hollow sleeve with a 12V spring in a 24V injector, it usually takes 3 shims each to get the pressure right. I made a cup shaped sleeve with an external groove and a hole for the overflow. It only takes 1 shim. Either way works.

:Cheer: Thanks for the info. i am going with a hollow type sleevewith a external groove in it.

When i get these back from the shop and installed with atleast 2k miles on them i will post the sizes for everyone so they can get there own made.

any suggestions on a place to get nozzles at a fair price from your experiance Ron?

Ron

:Cheer: Thanks for the info. i am going with a hollow type sleevewith a external groove in it.

When i get these back from the shop and installed with atleast 2k miles on them i will post the sizes for everyone so they can get there own made.

any suggestions on a place to get nozzles at a fair price from your experiance Ron?

Ron

I've heard a couple people say the RCP stuff was working well. I have not run them personally.

Has anyone acutally had the two different springs tested to determine the rate and seat pressure?

I'll bite. Just got off the phone with a shop in Indiana that can test them for me. I'll ship monday and see what they say.

12v compression spring uninstalled height 1.090" installed height 1.030" is 300BAR

24v compression spring uninstalled height 1.202" installed height 1.162" is 300BAR

12v spring creates 37lbs when compressed 0.040" and 53lbs when compressed 0.060"

24v spring creates 32lbs when compressed 0.040" and 54lbs when compressed 0.060"

That can't be true Weston. No way.

that would mean that everything I read on the forums about how a 12v spring allows the pintle to stay open longer and deliver more fuel is bogus. :hehe:

Thanks for sharing the info...

I sent the springs to a manufacturer long ago, and the consensus was there was no real point. It seems to me that the setup ie; line size, P7100 model, and delivery valves have a much greater effect on the injector setup than the simple fact of it being a P-pump converted 24v.

I sent the springs to a manufacturer long ago, and the consensus was there was no real point. It seems to me that the setup ie; line size, P7100 model, and delivery valves have a much greater effect on the injector setup than the simple fact of it being a P-pump converted 24v.

Yes!

Let me go try a little experiment, and I will post up some more of those scary real world numbers.

Here we go;

I used the same nozzle, holder, compression pin, and intermediate disk. Using the 24v compression spring with a protrusion from the holder of 0.085" resulted in a opening pressure of 345BAR. Using the 12v compression spring with a protrusion from the holder of 0.085" resulted in an opening pressure of 355BAR. So if you were to ask my opinion whether or not the injector for a P-pumped 24v requires a change in compression spring, I would simply say no. I like to set many of the larger hone size 12v injectors to 300BAR, and I always set the 24v P-pumped injectors that are of larger hone size to 280-290BAR, which falls right in line with what I have seen.

Back