ATI or Fluidampr

High idle 3475, peak hp at 3475 as well. Maximum overspeed capability 4200rpm 15 seconds.

Pretty close the the .pdf I have on it. Rated rpm is 3400, but it has the same hp rating at 3465 as 3400 (just less torque). The spec sheet I have shows high idle of 3465 min, and 3485 max, governed to 3465, with 3485 being max allowed.

The stock motor in my 05 has a 15 second 4200 rpm rating, so that's nothing special for the 480.

The FR92132, (Fuel Rating) is unlisted. The calibration is factory authorized not public and the site is under going construction.. I had it in the past but never keep it for records. I Stand corrected.
The Dampner part number is - 4933224 i dont have access to the price right now.

That part number is the damper I have on my truck. It's the 07.5-11 6.7 damper, the 11.5-12 has a different damper, and the 13+ is rumored to have a different one yet again.

I like the 4933224, and it did a decent job quieting things down.

I should have painted it prior to install, but I didn't and now have to pull it and paint it.

The setup is just under $300, you will need a new fan pulley and the longer bolts are optional.

What are the chances of paint throwing off the balance of the damper? Next to none?

You'd have to be a really lousy painter to mess that up!
$279 at pdp.

Last edited:
What are the chances of paint throwing off the balance of the damper? Next to none?

I would say next to none.

I made the assumption is was clear coated from Cummins, but the orange spots on it tell me otherwise.

That part number is the damper I have on my truck. It's the 07.5-11 6.7 damper, the 11.5-12 has a different damper, and the 13+ is rumored to have a different one yet again.

I like the 4933224, and it did a decent job quieting things down.

I should have painted it prior to install, but I didn't and now have to pull it and paint it.

The setup is just under $300, you will need a new fan pulley and the longer bolts are optional.

Good to hear. I figured when the 6.7 started production they went to the 6 bolt mount like the industrial applications. (Now im going to look at my service truck).

The marine application had a spacer behind the dampner with the longer bolts but I discarded the spacer and reused the existing hardware with no conflict of alignment or contact.

Depending on the year of the 5.9 you may not need the fan pulley and longer bolts.

i recently bought all the stuff needed to put a 6.7 damper on a 5.9. my 5.9 is an 07. i had factory installed the 6.7 fan hub and bolts so i only needed to put the damper on my truck. after i figured that out i decided i would sell the hub and bolts (still have them for sale btw) since i bought them brand new from Cummins and didnt end up needing them. i listed them for sale and had a guy with an 07 5.9 want them. i told him to send me a pic of his fan hub to make sure what he had. low and behold he had a 6.7 hub. then i took a look at my buddies 2005 and he had the old 5.9 style fan hub as well as my dads 2003.

i have no idea exatly when they switched over. if you text me ill send you pics of of the two different hubs and you'll be able to look at your truck and figure out easily which one you have. 6109727415

My dad's 06 had the old fan hub on it, so sometime they ran out of the 5.9 hub and started using the 6.7.

6.7 on left, 5.9 on right.

DSC_8806.jpg

thanks for posting! the pics i have are installed. if you look at the pics posted above you will be easily able to identify which one you have on your truck by simply looking.

I hadn't heard that 5.9's had the 6.7 pulley, so thanks for that info.

My dad's 06 is a Sep 05 build, so the change was sometime between Sep 05 and Dec 06.

Back