Attention all 2001 6 speed H.O. guys.....

dieselcamper

I already have a Smarty , what should I get of the two options below ?

#1 TST PowerMax 3

or

#2 Mach 2 injectors

I don't like those two options. Can I have another?

I'd get better injectors, then an edge product.

I don't think Mach 2's are much bigger than RV275's. Better injector sure but not much bigger. I think you'll see more of a performance gain with a wire tap.

Mach 2s in my trucl were awesome, think they are like a 75hp injector maybe larger. Rv275 are like a 40hp IIRC.

Mach 2s in my trucl were awesome, think they are like a 75hp injector maybe larger. Rv275 are like a 40hp IIRC.

I believe you are correct there. My opinion would be a set of Mach 4s. Little bigger and opens up more turbo options in the future.

Then find an Edge comp box

Mach 4s and the tst. HO's seem to respon better to injectors than the SO.

Sell the Smarty, buy an Edge Comp box, many more options for little out of pocket expense.

I liked my tst I had back in the day but its hard yo beat the relability and consistentcy of the edge stuff.

Best power ever made at any of our shows with a 24v was with a TST PM3 Comp stacked with a Edge EZ for timing.That was done by Fred Huber(offshoreracr) with his B1/B2 Twinned Dually many years ago.That stack is a combination is one that is hard to beat if you have the supporting parts that will allow you to make power.

Jetpilot also had alot of luck with the Redline box when it worked.The problem with it was it spent more time going back and forth getting fixed than on his truck back then.If you have the patience they are worth the money for making power.When his Redline box was gone he used a TST PM3/EZ stack also for power.

The Mach 2 injectors are more money and not adjustable
The Powermax 3 is cheaper and adjustable for heat and smoke control.
I always wanted a truck with no outside clues to power output that the
Smarty and Mach 2 injectors would do for me , but I don't want excessive heat or smoke when I tow my 8000# Travel Trailer , so the adjustable Powermax 3 has it advantages . Still on the fence , but I will decide by Friday :rockwoot:

I would ditch the smarty and get a TST and injectors. I have ran at least six different combinations of boxes/programmers on my truck, and my only regret was selling the TST. Injectors will really wake it up. On mild settings, you can run 150s and still tow 8k pretty readily. Much heavier or more fuel and your turbo will hate life.

I would ditch the smarty and get a TST and injectors. I have ran at least six different combinations of boxes/programmers on my truck, and my only regret was selling the TST. . .

TST is pretty old school, but it seems some of the old stuff from 10+ years ago stacks up well against modern products. I hope to get my hands on an original Blue Box someday, it came out in 1999, it had some kick.

Did you have the original Power Max or PM3?

I still have a JVD box, used it for a couple days only long time ago. It has 2 positions, I think like 60 and 120 horse. I should try it again.

TST is pretty old school, but it seems some of the old stuff from 10+ years ago stacks up well against modern products. I hope to get my hands on an original Blue Box someday, it came out in 1999, it had some kick.

I had the PowerMax 3.

And some of the old stuff caught dashes on fire lol

I hope to get my hands on an original Blue Box someday, it came out in 1999, it had some kick.

I know where one of those are and one of the ECM's that got reprogrammed and got some in trouble for,they even have plenty of dust on them too.They have been packed away for a rainy day for quite awhile now....LOL.

Say what you want about TST being old school,show me a box today that can outrun a Comp Version from a few years ago.The TST PM3 Comp/EZ stack is still one of the best combos for power period even today.

Back