aurora 5000

maxdoutdmax

Does any one know of anybody running the aurora 5000 on a Duramax?,if so what kind of hp #s are they getting?

I know a few folks making some really nice power with them. No Limit and Tomac both use this huffer. I also know a couple guys running the BD turbo as well and have heard nothing but praise for both

For all out power the ATS 5K is the ticket. The BD is better suited for the weekend warrior. The biggest problem right now is feeding the max enough fuel. Luckily huge strides are being made is this department. BD well tuned will do 550+ (I saw one truck make 575 with 20% sticks on a good 500hp tune) on fuel. The 5K your looking at the 600-700+ hp range on #2.

it is a BIG ol hair dryer ! It is suited for the race or pull circuit , The BD seems to be holding together now as they have changed the thrust bearings and put a new oil feed line in, I have a BD and will probably have it on soon.

touch racing said:
For all out power the ATS 5K is the ticket. The BD is better suited for the weekend warrior. The biggest problem right now is feeding the max enough fuel. Luckily huge strides are being made is this department. BD well tuned will do 550+ (I saw one truck make 575 with 20% sticks on a good 500hp tune) on fuel. The 5K your looking at the 600-700+ hp range on #2.

The Aurora 5000 is a good turbo, however my choice is a big a$$ set of twins with dual CP3's. :bigsmile:

I believe No limit ran a 10.85 in Indy with it. Not too shabby.:bow:

DEN said:
I believe No limit ran a 10.85 in Indy with it. Not too shabby.:bow:

No that is impressive but bigger and better is in the works.:bigsmile:

What turbo/turbos you use all depends on what your looking to get out of the truck. If your looking to drag race a stock turbo and a fair amount of NOS works wonders, if your looking to drive everyday, Tow and Race on the weekends and don't want to use NOS then Twins is the way to go. For an everyday driver with a big program then a BD works fine. The 5000 is a little laggie on the bottom but comes to life about 20 lbs of boost and works well at sled pulling.

So figure out what you want then buy what fits your needs.

Im doing 3 GT40's within the next two weeks. Two are 4088's and one is a 4094. More details when they are finished.

a5k single lb7 cp3 lift pump will put a 7000 pound truck down the 1/4 @ 12.8 @ 108 with a ****ty driver

a5k are good in the 700 range on #2

a5k single lb7 cp3 lift pump will put a 7000 pound truck down the 1/4 @ 12.8 @ 108 with a ****ty driver

a5k are good in the 700 range on #2

My truck did 12.6@109 mph with a single cp3 and an A5K, race weight of 7300 lbs.

Not to sound like an asshole or anything, but why are the times not better? Im new to the Diesel world, but I would think a big Turbo should do better then mid 12's, right? Im looking into getting something other then stock, but if it's only going to drop my ET by .2-.3 I might hold off on the 4K investment. What are the newer turbo's being used with good results?

12.41 @ 110 6750 lbs single cp3 with the a5k, then towed a 34' gooseneck home without issue, with the right tuning i love this charger.

not running it on a dmax but on my dodge with a race weight of 7000 plus the a5000 will push me mid 11s add a touch of squeeze loww 11s

WOW 2 years since this post was started. I ran a BD now I have a GT 4094 that rocks ! Tunning is everything !

currently running the BD, thinking I need bigger.
S400 or gt????

need good daily driver,week end warrior, and 5er puller.

Back