Auto-Meter or ISSPRO

RNicol

Growin them Bushels !
Gonna be buying gauges here soon and I'm torn on which ones to get. I'll be buying a 3 gauge pillar with just Boost, Pyro, and trans temp. I really like the look of Auto Meter Phantom II's, but I also like the ISSPRO ev2... I was wondering what you all are running and what you like as far as install and etc... Thank You!

I hate am gauges I had 3 pyros kick the bucket in one year. There service sucks bad warranty. And I'll never spend money on a am again. Issopo is a good gauge I've never had a issue with mine in almost 10 years. They are pricy too but a real good quality. Now if you are looking for the best bang for the buck. I put a set of glowshift In my 05 and love them for 250.00 it's a good price and I had a faulty boost gauge they sent me another for free and paid the shipping. I would buy another set forsure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EV2's match the factory gauges better than anything out there. I've had mine in for a year with no problems yet.

Ive had great luck with auto meters but the next gauges I buy will be isspro for the simple fact that they really support diesel motor sports.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I was running Auto Meters for years but I needed something I could data log with so I went to the Isspro Proformax gauges . What a great set up they have the means to data log and if you don't want to mess with that you can just use the recall feature on them and it shows you what all your highs and lows were. I love them wish I would have done it years ago.

Fudge you are one indecisive mofo spend the money and get the isspros. you will like them better.

Then you answered your own question. I like my autometers but isspros are a better built gauge and like chevota84 said they are a major supporter of Diesel Performance.

I have isspro, only problem was a rattling fuel pressure gauge. They replaced it for free. Great customer service.

ISSPRO holds up for years in rough environments like gensets, and autometer crap will rattle apart in weeks.

How do the isspro's look at night? Is everything pretty well lit and easy to see?

All of the EV2's have a built in warning light as well. You can set a High side warning, or a low side warning. And the program disk and cable is only like $10-$11 to program the gauges yourself. Isspro is definitely the one to go with.

Edit: Forgot to add, at night I liked how clear the gauge was too read, without being blinding bright.

Last edited:
All of the EV2's have a built in warning light as well. You can set a High side warning, or a low side warning. And the program disk and cable is only like $10-$11 to program the gauges yourself. Isspro is definitely the one to go with.

Edit: Forgot to add, at night I liked how clear the gauge was too read, without being blinding bright.

That is a really cool feather too. I set my boost gauge to the boost that I want to launch the truck at so I Know it will be at least that when the light comes on. If you had an ISSPRO tach you could use it to set up your shift points too.

Edge CTS can have 8 gauges on the screen at once, check and clear diagnostic codes, and
dont have to mess around with all the wiring. Just plug in and go. Its super nice to have digital read outs of your data too. Easy to remove to if you ever want to sell the truck. Ill never do analog gauges again.

Edge CTS can have 8 gauges on the screen at once, check and clear diagnostic codes, and
dont have to mess around with all the wiring. Just plug in and go. Its super nice to have digital read outs of your data too. Easy to remove to if you ever want to sell the truck. Ill never do analog gauges again.

The digatal gauges have some nice feathers too. But the ones I used in the past were limited on how much boost you could read with them they would max out at about 42 . Most off them were made for just moderatly modded trucks not a true racing application. The ISSPROS are good for racing applications and are only limited by the gauge you have installed. They are actually digitally driven so they store all the data. Most of the time I never look at mine till I am done with a run and do a recall on them .

If we're going off gauge count the an ultra-gauge is the way to go.

Hard to use on the fly though due to size.

Last edited:
Back