Axle shafts

zeigler86

GO 4 BROKE
What axle shafts are you guys running in the aam 11.5 in your dodge? What front locker ? Anyone running anything other than stock axles in the front?

Stock axles and truetrac front locker. I wont run anything other than stock axles being I have never broke one. Even held up with duals. They are twisted but not broke.

I run the 300m 38 spline and spool in the rear, Front is a 11.5 aam center, weled my 9.25 outers on it and had custom rsv cv axles made. Never had a problem with anything but the gears in the rear. They dont last long.

I shoulda stated that I'm 2.5. If you want to compete in 2.6 then I would say stockers wont hold long at 1400hp. Seems the are much tougher than the R&P tho.

Last edited:
I don't pull, and I won't be pulling anytime soon, but I will be jumping and desert racing my truck. We are using a 38-spline Yukon Grizzly locker with Branik Motorsports 300M billet axles. I know quite a few pullers are using the Branik axles with good results and they are cheaper than most other 300M axles I am told.

Up front I am running an ARB locker with Fleece Big Shafts and RCV Ultimate Axle CV axles and I don't expect problems even with my IFS when racing through the desert...

What rear locker are you running?

Spool in the rear for sure if your pulling 2.6.

I'm building a few hybrid 11.5 aam rear ends for some 2.6 customers with 2 1/16" scs axles, 106 spindles, wide 5 - 8 lug dually hubs and ring gear snubber. I'll post some pic's when I get a chance.

What rear locker are you running?

I welded my stock carrier years ago, still going strong. The aam driveline is very tough as long as you hook smooth. In the 5 years I been pullin I have broke several tear r&p, the stock front driveshaft and the original rear tracrite carrier.

Spool in the rear for sure if your pulling 2.6.

I'm building a few hybrid 11.5 aam rear ends for some 2.6 customers with 2 1/16" scs axles, 106 spindles, wide 5 - 8 lug dually hubs and ring gear snubber. I'll post some pic's when I get a chance.

That would be interesting to see. Do you do a pinion support?

I am also running stock shafts and welded stock rear carrier with an e-locker in the front and havent had a problem yet. This is also a 2.5 truck tho

I am also running stock shafts and welded stock rear carrier with an e-locker in the front and havent had a problem yet. This is also a 2.5 truck tho

I have ran this way for 5 years and 100+ hooks. 2 of those years I was over 1k hp and running duals. It works

Our rules here in WI dont allow us to be in 1k hp range nor can we run duals but its good to know im not in the danger zone with the stock axles

We are over 1000hp and we use stock axles and stock locker not welded. Duals and has over 50 hooks on it. Splines in the rear where twisted. But we run a auto so that takes most the abuse. Front end is a eaton locker only

I broke a stock axle in my W/S truck, 650hp, single rear wheel.

image.jpg

I was running a Grizzly locker.

few of the trucks I've done are using the griz locker or dhd updated griz locker and branik or dhd 300m 38spl shafts some are splined outters aswell.

few of the trucks I've done are using the griz locker or dhd updated griz locker and branik or dhd 300m 38spl shafts some are splined outters aswell.

Its good stuff! I haven't been too hard on mine yet, but expect it to hold up well.

I wouldn't run a grizz or detroit in a sled puller. Just the way they actuate makes me think its a snapped axle waiting to happen.

I have broke both. the detroits are pretty chinsy internally and the griz I blame failure on me, but they stood behind it and then some. I have a griz in my 60... and it does its job when it needs to.. as for axles breaking, idk if any of my axles failure were due to the locker..

Back