Axles

Cummins41

okay, I have searched and searched and havent found what im looking for.. so, I am building a pretty strong running 2.6 truck to run the SINGLE tire class with outlaws and this is a entire new build and im wanting input on axles... i know most of you will tell me 37's are the way to go and never look back but i have had quite a few wise people tell me they think i will be just fine running aftermarket 35 spline axles with just single tires. With the way the rules look, i would say theres a chance that if the carnage comes down and this class works for outlaws, there is a good possibility PPL will do the same so thats why i have no intent to ever run duals, so whats your guys opinion on which axles you would recommend on my setup. I will be running 4:88 with a spool.

If you haven't bought the spool yet might as well go with a 37 spline IMO

37 splines is my vote.
I ran 35 splines with SRW and never had an issue, but they were good 35 splines(300M) they are still in a truck today, but he pulls in the sand.

So buy a good set of axles(not sure if haisley will even sell 35's anymore, and not been impressed with SCS)

I have pulled with 35 splines and a full spool for a few years now and have yet to break them running a single tire, ran duals last year for the first time and now there all twisted up. But if your starting a build 37's also get my vote, if you already have the carrier I think your 35's will hold just fine with a single tire.

I have pulled with 35 splines and a full spool for a few years now and have yet to break them running a single tire, ran duals last year for the first time and now there all twisted up. But if your starting a build 37's also get my vote, if you already have the carrier I think your 35's will hold just fine with a single tire.

Which 35 spline axles did you run?

I should probably clarify what I'm asking.. I'm not asking if I should run 35's or 37's... I'm asking what brand would be the best

Ctm, or branik. Last I checked ctm was near 1500 for 300m axles. A 37 splin in a 4340 will hold up find and can be almost 400 cheaper.

I believe Branik still around $1050 for hubs and 300m axles 35 or 37..

So y'all don't think 4340 35 spline axles would hold up on single tires?

They will for a good bit, but if u spend the extra and get 300M u should be good until u get a biting rough track. And keep a few ring and pinions around for good luck..

Do you think stock axles will break right away in a 2.5 class with singles? Wondering how long till I need to go shopping

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I vote for Branik. This a 300m 38 spline next to a aam stock axle.
2012-08-01_18-48-03_859_zps76bb84ca.jpg

i ran scs 35 spline for a while with singles and then switched to duals and they didnt hold. went to 37's from haisley and never had a problem. personally i would spend the extra money and get 37's right off the bat, but if u've already bought a spool, (my old spool) just get ya a set of 35 axles and run it.

Back