Axles

i ran scs 35 spline for a while with singles and then switched to duals and they didnt hold. went to 37's from haisley and never had a problem. personally i would spend the extra money and get 37's right off the bat, but if u've already bought a spool, (my old spool) just get ya a set of 35 axles and run it.

That's the plan!

Anyone run them in a 35 spline

from phone

after all the digging i've done hardly anyone will admit to running the 35spline with duals... if the price isnt outragious for them to build me 37's.. i will attempt to run the 35s.. unless i can find a d80 40spline spool.

after all the digging i've done hardly anyone will admit to running the 35spline with duals... if the price isnt outragious for them to build me 37's.. i will attempt to run the 35s.. unless i can find a d80 40spline spool.

Unless you go and cut off the spindle your not gonna get a 40 spline to fit, even if you did that, I suspect you will have issues getting it to work with the bearings on the carrier.

ARB told me they make a 40 for one of there lockers now for the rear in my truck, he said i would have to have the axles made.

ARB told me they make a 40 for one of there lockers now for the rear in my truck, he said i would have to have the axles made.

What rear is in your truck? Did they know specifically what rear is in your truck.

I had an ARB in the rear of my D80 in my puller. It worked great for 2 seasons. Then kablooey, the inside of it looked like a grenade went off. Outer portion was good shape. I contacted ARB with pictures, they accused me of installing it wrong, not enough preload, blah, blah, blah.

Then I showed then what I was doing with it, and they said well sorry not for competition. I don't think they understand what we are doing with them.

I told him what truck i had and he seemed very smart on his end! If i remember correctly he said they was like 3-4 different 80's. But i was going to buy a used ARB off a guy and gave him the numbers to him from the locker and he said it was there old style and had a good sells pitch on the later ones was much stronger, i also told him what i was going to be doing with it (sled pulling) and thats when he said they offer a 40 spline unit!

I had looked at the ARB for sometime and just havent coughted up the Ben's to get one, and have talk to them a few times and when i talk to them about the used unit that i was going to buy i talked to a different guy than before and he was a good talker or he new his stuff.

But i havent seen one in person, I havent ask the company that said they could make a 40 spline axle how much bigger they would be than 37's either.

I was wondering if someone else had heard of the 40 units also..

Back