bad 60ft with slicks

diesel_importer

I finally got to the track with some slicks. They're small - 28x11.5, but they should be good for me. I didn't wanna stay all night at the track so i only made 6 passes. best run was an 8.7 with a 2.0 60ft. I thought for sure i could get 1.8, but i need to do some more adjusting on the shocks and Caltracs. Not bad for stock turbo though

I finally got to the track with some slicks. They're small - 28x11.5, but they should be good for me. I didn't wanna stay all night at the track so i only made 6 passes. best run was an 8.7 with a 2.0 60ft. I thought for sure i could get 1.8, but i need to do some more adjusting on the shocks and Caltracs. Not bad for stock turbo though

you're glad with a 8.7 ET? that sucks LOL

paint94979 seems to have a long list of cocky, smart-mouth, "im better than you" comments

personally, i'd just use street tires for now and save the slicks for future upgrades!! better off not wasting them with 8.7s and save them for the 7.5s ;) my truck 60' a 1.90 with BFG mud tires, i've heard of mud tires hooking as low as 1.7s and regular street tires hooking till 1.5s or 1.4s

personally, i'd just use street tires for now and save the slicks for future upgrades!! better off not wasting them with 8.7s and save them for the 7.5s ;) my truck 60' a 1.90 with BFG mud tires, i've heard of mud tires hooking as low as 1.7s and regular street tires hooking till 1.5s or 1.4s

On a 4x4. Yes. Diesel Importer is running a 2wd. Keep at it DI. You'll get there.

exactly what haloman said. that's why i put 2wd in my sig, cuz most ppl assume 4x4. I've seen ppl getting decent 60ft times with street tires, but i can't at all. i can baby it outta the hole, and punch it around the 60ft mark and still light em up when i lock the TC

2wd is tricky. Always remember slow is fast.. I've pulled my best times with a Nitto redline 20'' on my 2wd. 1.7-1.8's were common. Pulled one amazing 60' with them.. 4x4 is a major advantage at the strip..

I don't know if you need more power to pull faster 60' times but it's possible that torque management is robbing horsepower when you come off the line.

How many lbs of boost can you build at the line? Can you leave at 15-20lbs with those slicks or are they still spinning?

If you feel you have torque management problems, a BD RAD/Max Speed box will fix the problem.

And congratulations, my two best 1/8 mile times with my 4x4 5 speed is:
9.223 @78mph with a 2.002 60'
9.226 @77mph with a 1.865 60'.

yea 2wd is very tricky, especially since i've never been around drag racing, and don't have much help. I'm gonna go run some more soon, and i'll know more about how much boost i'm launching at and i'm gonna play with the caltracs. I have a bd rad, but didn't have TM off

Any shafts in the tranny? I run 1.9 60' with the rad on and 33" slicks. Only leaving with no more than 8pounds of boost because I am running stock shafts. turn the rad on, its fun.

yea billet input. it was a short trip to the track, so i just got a few runs in to get a baseline. next trip will be RAD on, quad turned up more, and tryin different launches and settings on bars and shocks. I figure 1.8's shouldn't be too difficult.

Great times considering the 2 wheel drive and stock charger. Keep up the good work and screw all the haters, at least your out running your truck and not your mouth.

For a stock HX35 that hummin. Yes, the 60" will get better, but you have to learn how to set teh truck up and then drive it. Like T said, how much pressure are you running out back? The tires are small, but whats the roll out on them?

Good runs, for what you got I think you are doing fine. Tell everyone else to suck it!:Cheer:

Back