Best stall for drag racing and occasional street use?

VaOutlaw

King of the dyno
Well I burned up my trans at the drags last week so since I have to do a rebuild I am thinking of going to a higher stall. I currently have a Suncoast billet convertor with a 1900 rpm stall .. My 5.9 Cummins makes over 1000 HP and I have big twins so I normally launch at 25 - 30 lbs.. Any lower than that my turbos won't lite. With my current stall its all I can do to keep it from pushing through the brakes while staging.

Give phil taylor a call at Diesel Performance Converters! He can set you up with whatever you need!

I have a DPC converter as well....what did you burn up in the trans? I would go with a 2300-ish stall.

I also agree with them. I can call phil up tell him what I want, he ships out next day and its at my door in 2 days up here in wisconsin. I feel that kind of service can't be beat $.02

We are out of Culpeper ..

We were at Summerduck with the Pro Mod car on Saturday.

I made 3 passes with the truck last Thursday but hurt the trans , so that ended the testing.

Yea thought so good deal. Heard the truck ran well. Good luck! planning on antrims diesel day up at mason Dixon next week?

Thanks. We are doing pretty good but having major traction problems with our drag radials so gonna have to move up to slicks. Any suggestions on which ones to buy ? Truck weighs 6900 lbs.

Don't have it figured out enough yet to hit a big race . We are preparing for the Fall Brawl dyno shootout at the end of the month.

We run m&h cheater slicks and have great luck with them. Truck is heavy! You need to get that thing on a diet! Hope you get the trans figured out.

Thanks. We are doing pretty good but having major traction problems with our drag radials so gonna have to move up to slicks. Any suggestions on which ones to buy ? Truck weighs 6900 lbs...

Sounds like you need to do some suspension tuning, we have been mid 1.4's 60's on drag radials, at ~ the same weight.

Oh and we run a 1900 stall, we have found that a higher stall then this it flashes to the rev limiter shortly after launch. Smarty tuning doesn't allow for enough rpm to get away with a loose converter.

Sounds like you need to do some suspension tuning, we have been mid 1.4's 60's on drag radials, at ~ the same weight.

Which drag radials have you done a mid 1.4's with ? What pressure ?

What are your 60's with slicks on ?

My best 60 so far was a 1.57 but I have yet to get off the pad without spinning. Even if I launch at as low as 15 lbs of boost.

Oh and we run a 1900 stall, we have found that a higher stall then this it flashes to the rev limiter shortly after launch. Smarty tuning doesn't allow for enough rpm to get away with a loose converter.

Well I have two new billet convertors coming in today . A 2400 and a 2100 stall. Once I get back my 1900 stall from Suncoast we can do some convertor testing. What convertor have you found best for dyno runs ?

Back