Best stall for drag racing and occasional street use?

Mine must be able to lock too early , one time I hit the switch soon after I launched it and pulled down the motor too much. So from then on I TRIED to hit the switch after it was pulling hard in 2nd.

Put it in 1st gear and flip the switch, if it stalls, then you have one of the rare 48re valve bodies that can do it. If not it is like the majority and it will lock as soon as you go into second. We have never had an issue with that, and plan to try locking it in first in the future.

Put it in 1st gear and flip the switch, if it stalls, then you have one of the rare 48re valve bodies that can do it. If not it is like the majority and it will lock as soon as you go into second. We have never had an issue with that, and plan to try locking it in first in the future.

Ok , I will try it on my way to work tomorrow and let you know. Thanks

Lmao, mine locked once at a red light for no reason, scared the piss out of me, and was glad my foot was already on brake. Never figured out what caused it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Well it looks like I have one of the rare 48RE trans. Sitting dead stop in drive with my foot on the brake as soon as I flick the switch my truck stalls. I tried it several times.

Well......

Well it looks like I have one of the rare 48RE trans. Sitting dead stop in drive with my foot on the brake as soon as I flick the switch my truck stalls. I tried it several times.

Ya might wanna stop doing that. You are actually NOT supposed to do a stall test in that manner on a diesel truck, unless you like buying transmissions. (as per OEM testing procedure):lolly:

Well now you will have to find a way to get it to lock when you want it too. Not sure what to tell you for that, as we haven't got there yet.

Mine also locks in first. I thought the no lockup in first was a 47RE thing.

Anyways, I've just run a handheld switch and lock after launch. Not the most consistent, but it works.

Anyways, I've just run a handheld switch and lock after launch. Not the most consistent, but it works.

Yeah tried that last night but like you said never hit it at the same time. Too early and it will bog down the motor , too late and it gets on the limiter.

yeah, I'm fairly sure I was told a lot of modification to the 47re VB is required to lock in 1st. If I were to do that I'd want to run the switch of the pressure port that increases with speed (forgot the name). Since I have a manual VB, that port isn't pressurized anymore... So, a fully electronic VB is needed

But in your case you have a normal valve body right? You would run a hobbs switch off that port and have it lock the converter for you, once you arm that hobbs switch that is.

the PCS is awesome, been playing with one a little here and there.....gonna be interesting next year at the track "tuning" my 12V via laptop LOL

the PCS is awesome, been playing with one a little here and there.....gonna be interesting next year at the track "tuning" my 12V via laptop LOL

You have a purple trans right? That would mean you have the select shift correct? I've been trying to get lockup back with our select shift and just can't seem to find it.

Back