Best Upgrade from S480.....

I think Im just going to rebuild the 2....Went out to work on the truck and for some reason its leaking fuel out the back or side of the block.... somewhere.....So I need to put more into the block and head, unless it all checks out fine.

On the plus side when Im done it will be a COMPLETLY new drivetrain from fan to output shaft......

Return line in the back of the head or high pressure line leaking
Jose can bore that cover to fit a 88 I know and it being the old John Deere race cover it will flow. This is mine but its got that Chinese knock off Bullseye cover bored
IMAG0203-1_zps5b16a7ac.jpg

Return line in the back of the head or high pressure line leaking
Jose can bore that cover to fit a 88 I know and it being the old John Deere race cover it will flow. This is mine but its got that Chinese knock off Bullseye cover bored
IMAG0203-1_zps5b16a7ac.jpg

I'm hoping your right, it's just so hard to see back there with my fat Mellon and meat hook hands!!!

I should have the engine out sometime this week and let the mache shop give it a good look over...... Working by myself at a shop away from home and the negative temps is slowing my progress! I'm hoping it's not too bad, and I can get it just refreshed and back in. Miss the truck but don't miss these headaches

Btw chase, I'll give ya a good deal to have the truck back lol!!!!

my 488 was an awesome step up from a standard 480...

You had a GT4718 compressor wheel, which would be a decent upgrade, however the turbo pictured above uses a TV style 88mm compressor wheel, which would not be worth the time/effort.

Thanks...forgot about that. The nut says it all. I really need to get that truck back on the road. Miss it.

I'm hoping your right, it's just so hard to see back there with my fat Mellon and meat hook hands!!!

I should have the engine out sometime this week and let the machine shop give it a good look over...... Working by myself at a shop away from home and the negative temps is slowing my progress! I'm hoping it's not too bad, and I can get it just refreshed and back in. Miss the truck but don't miss these headaches

Btw chase, I'll give ya a good deal to have the truck back lol!!!!
I couldn't drive it now it being a auto
what did the compression test show?

I couldn't drive it now it being a auto
what did the compression test show?

Autoooooish HAHAHA!!!

Dropped it off at the machine shop, the blowby is one problem....still have fuel in the oil is another. Its out, so whatever is wrong at least it will get freshened up!

ED, and their 84 has proven to make power and can spool nicely!

They have also proven to empty wallets quicker than double D blonde strippers.

Where are you pricing those 488s, to have such a price comparison?

Swanky indeed. No hood girls for me. haha

Where are you pricing those 488s, to have such a price comparison?

Nothing yet official. BW suggested a retail in the 1300-1400 range at SEMA.

According to what was on Cummings Forum, anyway........

Is the 1.15a/r ex. housing released yet? Assume he was talking about for the 96 wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The s488sxe isn't expected to be released until mid summer from borgwarner, according to HTT.

Back