Billet Aluminum Cylinder head

hummin cummins

Did anyone else see the billet aluminum cummins 12v head at Scheids booth. It is being built by Indy Cylinder head. The guy from ICH said with a intake, valve cover and head complete would be around 10k and said a steel version for the street would be about half of that. He said it would flow 100cfm more than a factory ported head with a custom intake.

Thats sucker looked SWEET!!!!!!!

I wonder how many of the pullers and drag racers made sure to get ICH's number........

Did anyone else see the billet aluminum cummins 12v head at Scheids booth. It is being built by Indy Cylinder head. The guy from ICH said with a intake, valve cover and head complete would be around 10k and said a steel version for the street would be about half of that. He said it would flow 100cfm more than a factory ported head with a custom intake.

Doesn't make lots of sense for the steel one to be that much cheaper.

Yea I was in AAWW! of the big shiny thingy for got to take pics.
Thats sucker looked SWEET!!!!!!!

I wonder how many of the pullers and drag racers made sure to get ICH's number........

The guy said it was only going to be marketed through Scheid, Dan is helping with the development of it. Is what I was told.

overhead cam or still pushrod technology?

Pushrod
Doesn't make lots of sense for the steel one to be that much cheaper.

All I know is what he told me!

Is the demensions of the head the same on the outside as the factory head? or can they make them taller for larger ports etc... ?

Is the demensions of the head the same on the outside as the factory head? or can they make them taller for larger ports etc... ?

Man I hope not. Why go thru all the work and keep the stock dimensions. I'm pretty sure they guys running these heads won't be worried about rules that state you must run a factory appearing head.

i had my hands on it.. but before I could think to get my phone put to take a pic the guy ran me off...said i was drooling on the table... :drool1: LOL
Thing sure was petty....

Lynn

Hundredths of a sec. in a drag race and inches in a truck pull cost money and when your at that level and your competitor has it you'll need it or you lose. Just depends on how serious you are about what your doing.

doesn't seem worth it to me. I understand completly what your saying....but I think most are out to have fun. Until we are competing for enough money each race to make a very nice living I don't think that is worth it.

Back