Bio Diesel VS Petroleum, 6.7L mpg

4x4dually

As usual, the search function is worless as tits on a bore. I found nothing.

Has it been discussed before in the 6.7L cummins whether either fuel yeilds a higher mpg? My mpg varies and not sure if it is head wind, temperature, or the fuel. I've got almost every tank from a different place so that is probably it.

Can anyone point me to a thread or start an intelligent discussion on the subject?

:thankyou2:

I think Richard used to kill people for talking about mileage.

But...

You better know that Bio pretty good before putting it in the tank of your new truck.

It wasn't intentional.....while pumping I notice "may contain up to xx bio" and thought...."crap!" :(

At the pumps I guess it'll be fine. Home brew is what I was thinking.
I would suspect a small decrease in mileage.

How are you liking the MPG ?

At first, I loved it. Overhead read 18-20 mpg on the highway. Now it is more like 16.5 - 17.5. I don't know what the phrack happened. The only thing I've done is bypass the seatbelt dinger thingy and pulled the baffel out of the intake. The only thing I can account for it is fuel. I have yet to hand calculate bobtail mpg do to trailers and crap.

Bio in a CR is fine as long as it comes from a trusted source. I know a few home brewers that will sell me a tank full on occasion and I've ran B100 many times in my duramax without any adverse reactions. As with any fuel, know the source!

I will not buy pump diesel from any station near a large body of water.

Everytime I fill up and think, ok, at the end of this tank, I'm gonna figure it.....then I need to move a trailer and I'm sure that'll shoot it to hell.

Just curious how bad B5 or B20 hurts ecomonmy in general.

As usual I cannot help with intelligent conversation. Sorry.

But I am interested in seeing what you figue out.

Well. If you move trailers all the time, that's the best way to get your average.

True. LOL

Speakin' of...gonna take the flat bed to play a gig at a mud bog this weekend.....sure wish we had a lead guitar player that likes SRV to sit in with us. :rockwoot:

I like Coors the best. The banquet beer, not the light stuff.
I'd fish from the edge as a concession.

Glad he is on vacation this week. LOL

You know me. Yellow, heavy cans and Turkey. :D Scored a used fridge for the shop a week or two ago as well.

If we were closer, you would soooo be sick of me. :Cheer:
You've seen what I can do to your threads, imagine letting me on the ranch.

I don't have any experience in my 6.7, but my last truck ('05 Powerstroke) loved it. I got better mileage and more power, but had to change the fuel filters more often. On regular #2 I could go 20k miles on a fuel filter, could only get about 12k miles running B20.

Back