Bought my girl a 7.3L... kinda fast, black smoke, stock?!

I hope you're kidding, '97 by far and away is the best Powerstroke. Regardless of being stock or not.

Well you guys do know that the banks upgrade wheel for the 99 and up 7.3's are the same as the one in the 95 up PS, cause they down sized it so it had better response with the intercooler. But I bet you my good old 95 7.3 Will kick most newer 7.3's asses once I get it built for the fact the first one OBS have more room, and alot better setup IMO. Thought for a stealth pump we have to get rid of or move our fuel bowl... I say get rid of the sorry SOB.

I'll try to save this thread from rolling downhill by saying that I straight-piped the 7.3 yesterday, cost me $15 in pipe from the International Dealership. Tried to get her some IH stickers or a shirt, but they said they cant even get that kinda stuff anymore.

Also she needed some batteries so we got those, while I was in there screwing with the airbox/battery holder I decided to solve that engineering problem. I took the box out, cut it all off except the battery base [to utilize the batt hold down] and threw a 7"x11" K&N on there.

Now it sounds better, got more whistle, and she reported a good gain in MPG on her 3000 mile trip she finished yesterday.

-Dustin-

Might want to think about saving your truck instead.

Take that K&N off. They let too much chit through.

Time for gauges. I have to retire my 60lb boost and 1500 pyro since I can max either out on WOT runs. So she needs a gauge pod, but doesnt want to lose the handle on the A-pillar. Does anyone know where I can get some that wont lose that handle?

Also do Powerstroke guys put the EGT gauge in the passenger or drivers side manifold?

-Dustin-

One other difference is the injectors.
The early99 has 120cc(AB code) injectors and the late99-03 has 140cc(AD code) injectors.
Either way, there is really no smoke from these stock.

to add, the early had a 15 deg. hpop vs. the newer 17 deg. hpop = higher ICP at higher RPMs to help feed the larger injectors as stated above. not to mention the newer GT38 is quite bigger than the earlier model.

Back