Brand New Super B Special FAILURE

Status
Not open for further replies.
uploadfromtaptalk1371626800260.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1371626816068.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1371626841185.jpg

One thing I forgot to mention and did not notice till today was the dent in the wastegate. Dumb to not notice I know but I believe this turbo was dropped. The fact that there are no scratches on the wastegate from being dropped pretty much proves that it was dropped or something was dropped on it while in the box.

uploadfromtaptalk1371626932956.jpg

Last edited:
I should also mention that a downpipe was also shipped with the turbo. The turbo was in its own box in the bottom of the long box that the downpipe was in.

Yea, that's not going to help your case, but I don't see how being dropped would cause this issue. Those turbos are boxed pretty well and that ding should not affect the internals, unless the wastegate failed and caused overspeed. That's not likely though.

How can you not notice a big dent like that in the wastegate. I know I usually inspect all my parts before I install them. I would have noticed that and contacted BD immediately, not install it on my truck.

Number 1 rule of aftermarket parts Inspect them before install!!!

The so called 'crack' is a casting line.
If the wastegate is damaged--and it is-- it can hold the gate open and do damage.

Hmmmmm kind of screwed yourself, product was damaged before you put it on, the wastegate could be damaged and cause a problem but was installed anyway and ran.

Stefan, first off I'm sorry your are going through this and that you have had a bad encounter with one of our people. I will be forwarding this on to the appropriate people within our company.

Please understand that we can't not determine a cause of failure over the phone (nor can any company) and some time must go with the most common probable cause, however I'm sure who ever you spoke with may not have stated this to you in a polite manor, which is the result of this post. If you will PM me your tracking number I will follow trough with our claims and turbo department during the failure analysis and keep you posted.

Regards,

Hector

Stefan, first off I'm sorry your are going through this and that you have had a bad encounter with one of our people. I will be forwarding this on to the appropriate people within our company.

Please understand that we can't not determine a cause of failure over the phone (nor can any company) and some time must go with the most common probable cause, however I'm sure who ever you spoke with may not have stated this to you in a polite manor, which is the result of this post. If you will PM me your tracking number I will follow trough with our claims and turbo department during the failure analysis and keep you posted.

Regards,

Hector

Thanks, I will pm you the tracking number.

The way it looks right now I'm pretty well screwed anyway. I honestly dont know how I didnt notice that before I installed it.

The so called 'crack' is a casting line.
If the wastegate is damaged--and it is-- it can hold the gate open and do damage.

No, its a crack. Just much larger when the turbo is hot obviously... the casting line is just below the crack closer to the flange.

Last edited:
How can you not notice a big dent like that in the wastegate. I know I usually inspect all my parts before I install them. I would have noticed that and contacted BD immediately, not install it on my truck.

Number 1 rule of aftermarket parts Inspect them before install!!!

Hmmm...

I apologize that my truck had been down for literally 2 weeks and the turbo was installed after I got off work around 3 am. That is no excuse for missing that I know but people make mistakes and I reckon this one is going to come back and bite me in the a$$.

That dent could easily be missed when someone is excited to get their truck back running and just wants the turbo back on... the guy already has enough of a headache so take it easy on the OP

That dent could easily be missed when someone is excited to get their truck back running and just wants the turbo back on... the guy already has enough of a headache so take it easy on the OP

Thank you. Now granted, I can take all the b.s. you throw at me. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. Did I phuck up? Yes. Do people make mistakes on occasion? Yes. So say as you wish. I'm not going to get all butt hurt about it. We're all adults here so acting childish on my part would make me look even worse than I do now. :lolly:

You installed it with out noticing the shipping damage?

That is correct. As I stated earlier, it was about 4 in the morning after I got off work. I was excited to get the truck back up and running because it has sat for 2 weeks. Understandable right? Plus, it was a brand new turbo. You don't really expect something like that to happen. Though, now I will be sure to check the damn thing meticulously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back