Budget 3rd gen half ton DD/Racer build

The truck on the first page is my father in laws. We installed 3/4 ton springs in the front and left everything else stock. It handles and drives like it should. Felt nose heavy before the change.

Sweet build! You are not helping me get rid of urge to build a 1500 3rd gen. Sick Sami BTW

No mas
yra9uvy9.jpg

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

I just got the head and block back from the machine shop so I can start final engine assembly. I also decided to do a full build on the trans, just waiing on parts to get that started as well.

I tried to set the short block in last night, but it didnt fit. I am hoping the motor mounts are the same on the frame end so I can just drop it in... I doubt I will get that lucky, but its worth a try.

I am going to try some CR motor mounts, see how it looks.

I tried to set the short block in last night, but it didnt fit. I am hoping the motor mounts are the same on the frame end so I can just drop it in... I doubt I will get that lucky, but its worth a try.

I am going to try some CR motor mounts, see how it looks.

I'm curious if the CR mounts work too!

This is an awesome project. I want to do something similar when the body on my 24 valve is completely destroyed. Love the SRT-10 look to it. It'll be an SRT-6, now!

Back