Budget 3rd gen half ton DD/Racer build

How did you go about removing equal amounts of material from each port? Or is it just basically just shooting in the dark?

Gasket matched the ports and pretty much just by feel and appearance. You could CC them, but I don't care that much. I just did a little bowl work and gasket matched the exh side. Anything else really isn't needed for the HP I am after. IMO

Looking very nice. Gonna be fun once it's together.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Looking good...Are those Turbos going to fit under the hood with that configuration?? Or are you going Ricer and just gong to cut a hole in the hood?

Lol No, they will def be going under the hood. I am changing up the hot pipe right now to move the primary out and it will allow me to swing the hot pipe in, towards the block and give me a lot more room for the down pipe. All that in turn will lower the primary as well. I also built a spacer for the waste gate.

I am thinking about ducting the air from the srt scoop to blow over the hot side of the turbos. Just try relieve some heat in the area.

Here it is with the spacer. I sill need to add a piece by the flange, but this should give me more room for the down pipe.

9esany9a.jpg

To close together its hard to mock this style of twind up without a truck around it LOL

Gasket matched the ports and pretty much just by feel and appearance. You could CC them, but I don't care that much. I just did a little bowl work and gasket matched the exh side. Anything else really isn't needed for the HP I am after. IMO

Thanks. That's the answer I was looking for.

Like the build.. Nice crawler you got there sitting in the garage.:Cheer:

Thanks! I built it last year, 87 samurai 1.8l Isuzu diesel, 44/14b. I have a 5.3 and steering 14b ready, just want to play with it a little before I tear it apart again.

e7uqutu5.jpg

Hell I don't know, I didn't look. :doh:

Per google images it looks like 131 now.

Last edited:
Cool rock buggy man! Maybe I'll see it out on the trails one day.

Enough side bar conversation, back to work.

Back