budget racer to 13.98

Shambo

Diesel Idiot
I got my budget 12v racer to run a 13.98 @100.02 mph last night. on my way to getting it to 12's. Still a stock turbo, 300 injectors, tinkering with timing, and FCA, FTI SBA tripple disk, Pro-trans Tranny, and Air-dog.

I have a HX40 and HT3b to put on and that should do it!

100 MPH means it's making good horsepower, what kind of 60' times is it running?

My Junker runs ran 13.6 to 13.9 at 100 mph depending on 60' time or how much it spun off the line.

I ran a 2.26 60 ' i was running my stock dually tires! I have a set ot MH race masters that I'll put on next to see if I can get some better 60' times

100 MPH means it's making good horsepower, what kind of 60' times is it running?

My Junker runs ran 13.6 to 13.9 at 100 mph depending on 60' time or how much it spun off the line.

Have you had to replace your tranny yet?

Have you had to replace your tranny yet?

I did a home-built rebuild job when i first got the truck. It wouldn't shift with the pedal WOT and would not go into OD, i found a lot of toasted clutches, broken seals, broken torque converter hub, etc.

I think my home-built tranny is going to be good till i get enough power to break the stock input shaft, then it's going to be a learning process as stock planetaries, drums, etc start to break.

Are you locking up the torque converter in 2nd gear? If you posted the numbers from the time slip, I can tell you where my Junker is out accelerating your truck since they're putting down nearly identical power based on the 1/4 mile trap speed.

60 - 2.261
330 - 6.057
1/8 - 9.114
mph 80.56
1000 - 11.746
1/4 - 13.986
mph - 100.02

Nice Times!

Well comparing Shambo's Timeslip vs Big Blue24's Timeslip it shows that both Trucks have very minute differences (.049 of a second) in acceleration between 330' to the end of the Track. Even though Big Blue24's Truck is only cutting 0.052 second quicker 60' times, it seems to shine between the 60' and 330' which shows a 0.197 second difference between both Trucks. Anywhere from Track Conditions to Shambo's Dually's added Rotational inertia to Big Blue24's custom Locker and Traction Bars to Acts of God can effect all of this... IMO, there are too many factors to solely pinpoint the main cause for this difference.

My 95' Junker weighs 5500 so the fact that we have nearly identical trap speeds means your truck is making more rear wheel horsepower.

60' to 330' is 2nd gear. Shambo, do you lock the converter in 2nd? How high is your RPM when you shift to 2nd gear and is it the same when you shift to 3rd?

I turned on the lock-up switch so It would lock in second and left it in drive. I'm going to put on my cheater slicks this week and see what she will do!

I see 12.s soon man good job!! It's about time to put your pump on the stand:evil

I took my HX40 out of my 03 and put it into the 12V today! mybe I can clean it up and get into the mid to low 13's?

Wow that's pretty good numbers. Makes me want to put my truck somewhat stock when I put it together and hit the track with a 6.7 and a programmer with ur guys times I think I could possible hit a 13.2
so u guys are about 400 rwhp?

Somwhere about there I imagine. I'm going to Speed world on Wed I think to see how I did on the tuning!

just for another comparison, i also have a "junker" 12v witch i just started dragging. My best times are 14.7@ 96. My converter stall is way to low for the build but for now it will have to work.
My build consists of hx35/475 twins, scheid dv, 100 plate, 5k springs, 18 degrees, towing tranny build. Dyno'd this weekend at 365hp/700tq. I thought this was respectable for stock injectors. running 65psi boost and temps are not an issue. 31 psi from primary and 34 from secondary. I have stock bolts and head.
I thought this would be useful information for people to have.
great job everyone with their "junker" builds".

Back