Build - 9 second drag truck #racegreen

08FA9ABD-6216-4C01-9BE4-85265FBB3E41_zpsyfiwcd8k.png

What are the tube specs for 4130? Same as the yellow tubes in 25.3? 1.5x.065

Any idea when that is going to be published? I'll likely never go faster than 8.5 but I'd sure like to cover my bases before this thing gets painted this winter.

I finally got back to the shop today.

Without a mirror or interior panel (I'll weigh those at a later date) I cut out about 35 lbs out of the drivers door. I'll remove a little more weight before I'm done, then add back about 5 lbs with lexan and an aluminum skin. Its crazy how heavy these things are.

Attachments

• IMG_7019a.jpg
    IMG_7019a.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7021a.jpg
    IMG_7021a.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 0
I finally got back to the shop today.

Without a mirror or interior panel (I'll weigh those at a later date) I cut out about 35 lbs out of the drivers door. I'll remove a little more weight before I'm done, then add back about 5 lbs with lexan and an aluminum skin. Its crazy how heavy these things are.

Even after gutting mine, I wasnt entirely happy with how heavy they were. Post a weight when you get lexan back in them.

Not much to see here. I just removed the OEM door hinge pins and made some of my own with a couple holes drilled in them for a tether and a hair pin clip. Simple, cheap, and good enough for now. :rockwoot: I also re-used the factory door handle on the outside, and looking at the OEM linkage, it will be really easy to make a simple, light weight, low profile interior handle that wont weigh near as much as the OEM. I'll post more on this when I make the aluminum interior door panel. Feel free to make suggestions if you have them. :)

Attachments

• IMG_7026a.jpg
    IMG_7026a.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7029a.jpg
    IMG_7029a.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 0
I spent the better part of the day staring at the truck, thinking about how I want to mount the intercooler and aftercooler, mocking things up, and making sketches. This is what I've come up with so far.

The primary will be mounted in the traditional orientation.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7097a.jpg
    IMG_7097a.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 0
Mocking up the primary, high tech I know, but when you work alone ya gotta improvise. :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7048a.jpg
    IMG_7048a.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Or buy the parts from Bell and build my own and never have to worry about compromises, mistakes, or complete incompetence. I'm going through a period where I don't trust anyone to do what they say they will. The amount of work I've recently paid for (at work for outside vendors) only to have to pay one of my guys to fix it correctly is incredible.

Once I have the turbos mounted where I want them I'll be able to spec out whatever coolers I want. The 150psi frozen boost coolers would work fine for my low hp after cooler application (100psi) and their regular should work fine for my interstage. I've only got 8 months to get the entire truck finished...

Measuring out for how long the inter-stage cooler can be.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7092a.jpg
    IMG_7092a.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 0
I really enjoy reading about the details you are working on. Have you seen the 7 sec silver viper truck? I think he had a pretty nice intercooler set up.

Back