BW 369sxe failure

Thanks for a great thread! I'm not gonna push mine at all really so I'll be the other end of the spectrum.

Carnage

It was fun while it lasted. I don't know where to go from here. Gave out last night.

Attachments

• IMG_3780.jpg
    IMG_3780.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3782.PNG
    IMG_3782.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Take it all for what it is worth. None of these turbos (S300, S400, GT42, etc...) are designed to be run the way we do in the diesel side of things. Abuse is the correct term for 99% of turbo failures but the buyers refuse to recognize it. Some just happen to take the abuse better than others.

60 psi with a single? Reminds me of that song at the end of the wizard of OZ.

Ding dong, common sense is dead,
oraller's shot it in the head.

Update on 369sxe number 2. Towing 18,000 GVW from California to Illinois and chose the Utah to Colorado to Nebraska route. 1986 miles, averaged 12.5mpg at the posted speed limits. Egts never went above 1300, the new rebuild seems to be much more stout then the first one! Also Ron A. Towed and still hit over 60psi, but I have no common sense so this post makes no sense

Update on 369sxe number 2. Towing 18,000 GVW from California to Illinois and chose the Utah to Colorado to Nebraska route. 1986 miles, averaged 12.5mpg at the posted speed limits. Egts never went above 1300, the new rebuild seems to be much more stout then the first one! Also Ron A. Towed and still hit over 60psi, but I have no common sense so this post makes no sense

Are you running the 369 ? or 476?

This post is confusing

369 still I just moved from California to Illinois I'm keeping the little guy on there until I settle in and get some wrench time to put the 476 back on

It's being discussed elsewhere that the compressor nut is not being torqued sufficiently at borg.

I understand the abuse aspect, but it makes me curious if this might be a factor for this product line also.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Back